Retrobike SE members - what are your plans for 2014

Re:

Last one..

1) What do you want to do in 2014 on a bike?

Well I did a few things that I really enjoyed and although my enthusiasm was a little lower at the end of the year, I had some good times on a bike. We did a nice Indulgent Audax in November (much cake was had) and I did HONC, a few 100's, some MTB, the Retrobike Midlands run on the road was particularly nice and I did a fair bit of South Downs riding and so on. Largely, most things ticked off and want to do some other things next year.

2) Got any plans for a bike you want to build or upgrade / modify?

At the start of the year, I wasn't expecting to be doing a framebuilding course, which happened in November and I turned out with this bike and thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=311366 .

I still never resolved a few problems with some of the Retrobikes but I used them a bit more and have a list of 'to do' for the winter months.

3) Any routes or races you are keen on trying?

As said, the Audax events were good, the crack at the SDW with bryan555 was nice, I still never did anything remotely competitive but that can wait or just not happen, I finally realised that riding the bike was probably the thing I wanted most and made more time for it. I didn't yet do a Time Trial but the SDW in a day would be a good thing to complete next year. Having done a little biking with Richard 'South Downs Triple' Sterry, I realise that it takes quite a step up in terms of fitness to do such a thing and so I'll probably try and go for a less is more approach for next year. I did a fair bit of evening Cyclocross runs which were fun and not too serious.

4) Any dirty and improper thoughts about modern bikes (shh)

Built the bike shown above, the fatbike and upgraded a few things, yeah, should get the older MTB's sorted really.

5) Fitness / Miles / achievement you haven't completed before?

Done the 4k miles thing, which in the scheme of things is good for me but I know a lot who have done much more, I just hope to get on and improve my fitness for next year, starting in the next few days.

Did you Retrobikers enjoy your year on the bike?

Latest posts

Back