Retrobike SE members - what are your plans for 2014

Get yourself along, no need to ride Retro, but always welcomed.

I think there are a few discussions going on about rides for 2014, so keep a look out and get busy :)

Cheers, and yes I will look out for rides near me. I'm sort of west london, so swinley area is good, Arundell's a bit of a way. I'll watch out for rides.

Another vote for a 100 mile ride.
10 mile time trial
Sportive, charity rides etc.
Visit cycle jumble sales. (Enjoyed the one at Ripley near Guildford last year)
Expand my bike collection and continue with bike build projects
Interested in collecting cycling books and retro cycling posters.

number 1:- get my slipped discs fixed as i'm bored with a sore back and haven't ridden since march :(
number 2:- get the rest of the parts together for my kilauea and actually build it :oops:
number 3:- get out on some retro bike rides :)

1. I want to do slightly more technical riding, like the red runs at Swinley, perhaps I might do them on something with some suspension though. :LOL:

2. I want to strip down my Muirwoods and treat the frame to a coat of powder coat. I also want to build up one of my favoured full suspension bikes and ride them.

3. I have some new routes from a little local outfit to explore and develop.

4. I was raised a Catholic so I am too well versed at hiding my impure and dirty thoughts.

5. Being able to ride up hills without getting out of puff.

well the next weekend I am free is the 1st/2nd March, I propose a morning or afternoon ride of the blue/red circuits at Swinley, any takers?

Re:

So, 3 months on....

1) Still want to do a 100, having done a bit more biking that I normally have by this time of year, makes me appreciate I still need to improve my fitness.

2) Having just seen Ian Cammish's Low-pro from '83 in the flesh (our local bike cafe 'Velocafe' bought it) I have decided this year I am going to tidy up my Lo-Pro bike, making it useable and used. I will probably depart a little from its originality (but I still have the original bits) so that its a bit more functional than it was (bad brakes being the main complaint). Have some nice tubulars to go on it too now.

3) Still awaiting my visit to Belgium for some L-B-L routes and perhaps a little back and forth on some cobbles near Roubaix. Will also be doing HONC, other than that, looking for something interesting to do in the summer, perhaps South Downs way.

4) Fatbike is still in transit as we speak, no other new bikes at present planned.

5) I have done more miles since Jan than I did last year, want to continue on this.

Hows it going for you? :)

Re:

#1 back still not fixed :cry:
#2 Kilauea may actually be a fire mountain or hahanna :facepalm:
#3 no retro bike rides (see #1) :cry:

On the plus side I finally have an appointment with a muscular skeletal consultant on the 9th :D

Re: Re:

Kitmech":3rysqjgt said:
#1 back still not fixed :cry:
#2 Kilauea may actually be a fire mountain or hahanna :facepalm:
#3 no retro bike rides (see #1) :cry:

On the plus side I finally have an appointment with a muscular skeletal consultant on the 9th :D

Hope the appointment goes well :)

Back