Retrobike phone app?

MikeD":3flhm868 said:
A stripped-down mobile version of the site would be another option, and would work on more phones.

there is one - go to your Profile, scroll down to Board Style and select rbmobile. Not perfect but I find it works well on my small mobile screen.

bonty98":3qp1546r said:
Mtbr use tapatalk.
So it´s optimized for working with tapatalk.

Ah, I see, my bad. I knew they had something other than the standard platform. Not entirely sure what tapatalk is, mind you... :roll:

Browser formatting wouldn't make for an application, i use opera mini and it formats fine.

But:
Bike of the month, a clickable vote.
Updated articles updates.
Geo tag photos of Retro bikes you saw.
Todays Whats it worth photo.
Todays identify this photo.
This week's is it cool vote.

An application should offer more, or easier stuff, than a browser alone.

Whatleymeister:
Tapatalk is an app.
It optimizes the site through the app.
I have some nice forums that use tapatalk, like mtbr, watchuseek, macrumors and so on.
Really cool app.

But I didn´t know you could fix this site in profiles for a mobile.
I´ll test it.

orange71":2q24rdmo said:
MikeD":2q24rdmo said:
A stripped-down mobile version of the site would be another option, and would work on more phones.

there is one - go to your Profile, scroll down to Board Style and select rbmobile. Not perfect but I find it works well on my small mobile screen.

Thats how I view this site, and have done for the last few years, worked on my Sony 'smart phone', and works pretty well in Safari on't iphone.

An App should 'add value', just being the forum is not added value.

Besides, the forum has only been 'upgraded' twice since inception as far as I can recall so I'm not sure an App will be quickly forthcoming.

bonty98":2en4rnmp said:
Whatleymeister:
Tapatalk is an app.
It optimizes the site through the app.
I have some nice forums that use tapatalk, like mtbr, watchuseek, macrumors and so on.
Really cool app.

But I didn´t know you could fix this site in profiles for a mobile.
I´ll test it.

Well, every day is a school day! I didn't know that, cheers bonty ;)
I thought something popped up on my android phone when I stumbled across their site once, must have been that then!

Back