Retro Triathlon Bikes ??????????????????????????????????????

Curios what the max width on the Roo you can get
Do you mean "tire width"? You can use 25mm's, but there are no great options: kenda kontender's and panaracer pasela's. My go-to tires are Schwalbe One's, only available in 23mm's. But I have also Vittoria Rubino's and Continental Gatorskin's, all in 23mm's

I finally managed to upload my pictures. Only took 4 years!

Bottom of page 1, posts 9 and 10:

But yeah, in context, they’re not really in the spirit of this thread.

Tri bikes become seriously unsellable when they are just a few years old.

Triathletes often aren't really into bikes in general, just performance.
They will buy a new bike as soon as it offers an advantage.

If a bike languishes worthless for a decade or more, it's often in such a state its not worth fixing, and if it has unusual parts, that can be challenging and expensive.

Tribikes are horrible to ride.

All these things combine to mean there's not much love for these old bikes.

MTBs (especially full sus) and now Racing bikes (like rim brake carbon), are moving in the same direction.

In some mysterious way BMX is the style of bike where it's not like this

Hey @Woz as you wish the pics here again:
IMG_20240901_180801.jpg IMG_20240901_180815.jpg IMG_20240901_180849.jpg IMG_20240901_180904.jpg IMG_20240901_180954.jpg
A friend got it at the scrap yard from the original owner who wanted to throw it away.
Drivetrain and brakes are Dura Ace, hubs Shimano 600 with a 2nd front wheel with DT Hügi hub.
The bike was ridden at the Iron Man in Hawaii in 2012.
It is now only supposed to get some other handlebars, saddle, tires and new grease and then continue to be ridden as a training bike.

Hey @Woz as you wish the pics here again:

A friend got it at the scrap yard from the original owner who wanted to throw it away.
Drivetrain and brakes are Dura Ace, hubs Shimano 600 with a 2nd front wheel with DT Hügi hub.
The bike was ridden at the Iron Man in Hawaii in 2012.
It is now only supposed to get some other handlebars, saddle, tires and new grease and then continue to be ridden as a training bike.
this one should be one of their last steel models, possibly called "zero gravity"; I think they discontinued steel frames by 1996. will you install a road cockpit?

this one should be one of their last steel models, possibly called "zero gravity"; I think they discontinued steel frames by 1996. will you install a road cockpit?
Thanks for the Info!
Yes a road cockpit is the plan for now.

Back