Retro SanFran/California/Marin holiday advice needed...!!!

Have a great time out there Rob...not jealous in any way!!! :(

If you meet up with Pat, remember to get in the some of the "Todays Ride" pics!

Carlos the Slackal":35pzg7u1 said:
http://www.vesuvio.com/index2.html

Go here. Drink beer. Talk.

We are out of SF now, but thanks anyway for the recommendation.

Unfortunately I've not been able to secure a bike for my wife to ride around Marin County so the ride with Pat can't happen. I'm not going on my own as its "our" holiday not mine!!

It's an amazing place to visit and I've taken a load of pics of bikes which I will share when I get home.

Rob

Charlieboy28":1r60mdd2 said:
just make a list of retro Marin mtb names , find where they are and then go visit them ;)

Yep, here's a start :

DSC03377.jpg

We did loads on our Californian fly drive :

LA
Hardrock
Six flags
Vegas
Hardrock
Canyon
Skywalk
Stratosphere rides - don't hold on !
Hoover
KA
Titi show - showgirls style
Sedona
Phoenix
Hardrock
Palm springs
Sky ride
San fran
Hardrock
Alcatraz
Golden gate
Marin
Venice beach
Etc
Etc
Etc :LOL:

Warning - what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas ... It's true to say my daughter is 'Made in the USA' :LOL:

WD :D

I'm a bit late to this thread.

of your remaining time in CA, do you have any days in SF?

There's got to be some way to get a couple of bikes lined up for you.

Just landed back in the Uk.

My wife needed a 12 or 13" frame - she rides a 12.5" GT. We only managed to get a hybrid for doing the Golden Gate ride and no chance of a proper mountain bike unfortunately.

Rob Atkin":22yrn86j said:

My wife needed a 12 or 13" frame - she rides a 12.5" GT. We only managed to get a hybrid for doing the Golden Gate ride and no chance of a proper mountain bike unfortunately.

ARHH! I just (like 5 minutes ago) saw this thread! I have a 1990 Cannondale red Shred that is about that size (24" wheels) I could have loaned you. :(

ez054098":uewosi9n said:
Rob Atkin":uewosi9n said:

ARHH! I just (like 5 minutes ago) saw this thread! I have a 1990 Cannondale red Shred that is about that size (24" wheels) I could have loaned you. :(

D'oh!

Thanks anyway, we had a great time all the same. I wasn't there for a riding holiday so it didn't matter. We will be back though!

I'm off over to Sanfrancisco week after next for a few days, where's a good place to rent bikes....is there any good trails in cycling distance from Golden Gate Bridge, or where's the closest trails worth checking.

Latest posts

Back