Retro noise

Frank West":2dwhkj05 said:
Serge bike junky":2dwhkj05 said:
the glorious sound of a proper old school 2" plus knobbly humming down the road gathering speed!! :D

modern tyres just don't hum like they used to - or maybe i just don't go as fast as i used to!?! :cry:

It's the threads. My buddy's got an old Rockhopper on its original Ground Control front tire (scary, I know) and it's got big old rectangular blocks running perpendicular to the direction of travel. Makes a Nobby Nic look and sound like a semi-slick.

Ground Controls with lots and lots of pressure - such a sweet sound on smooth tarmac! :D

Old Ned":2b0zr06l said:
Frank West":2b0zr06l said:
Serge bike junky":2b0zr06l said:
the glorious sound of a proper old school 2" plus knobbly humming down the road gathering speed!! :D

modern tyres just don't hum like they used to - or maybe i just don't go as fast as i used to!?! :cry:

It's the threads. My buddy's got an old Rockhopper on its original Ground Control front tire (scary, I know) and it's got big old rectangular blocks running perpendicular to the direction of travel. Makes a Nobby Nic look and sound like a semi-slick.

Ground Controls with lots and lots of pressure - such a sweet sound on smooth tarmac! :D

Old tyres were scary loud! Like a Landie bearing down on you.

apart from the vroom vrrooom vvvrrooommm disc drive noise another nice retro sound is the clicking of a snow flake wheel,and the chain jumping when you`ve bought a new chain and still use retro rings and cassette

Back