Retro noise

"Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" of your Grifter plastic mudguard bent onto your wheel to make a motorbike sound until you had a semi circle gouged out of end of said mudguard - then replace with card for fresh sound!! :D

obvious i know but still like that noise. :roll:

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :!:

"Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :!: "

Sweet!! Those were the days......

I've just gotta wait til I've finished that box of Coco Pops!! (surely another retro sound!) :LOL:

the glorious sound of a proper old school 2" plus knobbly humming down the road gathering speed!! :D

modern tyres just don't hum like they used to - or maybe i just don't go as fast as i used to!?! :cry:

Serge bike junky":3dg7bnok said:
the glorious sound of a proper old school 2" plus knobbly humming down the road gathering speed!! :D

modern tyres just don't hum like they used to - or maybe i just don't go as fast as i used to!?! :cry:

It's the threads. My buddy's got an old Rockhopper on its original Ground Control front tire (scary, I know) and it's got big old rectangular blocks running perpendicular to the direction of travel. Makes a Nobby Nic look and sound like a semi-slick.

The pinging of spokes from the rear of my old Klein cross country when ridden again recently after 10 years off and 4 stone on.

Back