Retro noise

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I took my early '80s road bike out for a spin for the first time at the weekend and couldn't help notice how cool the rear hub sounded when freewheeling.

It's an old Dura Ace hub and it makes a really pleasing "tick-tick-tick" sound which I thought was a nice break from the angry "BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!" of King, Hope, Ringle etc.

A real retro sound, took me right back to being a kid in the '70s..... :D

Any more 'retro sounds' out there?

'Je*us, feckin', argh, my knuckles, for chr*st sake, stupid piece of sh*t canti,
bl**dy shimano, these fecking allen bolts, made of bl**ding cheese, where's that frigging 10mm fecking spanner gone.'
Sound familiar :?: :LOL:

The rattle,rattle, crunch of using non-index down tube shifters with a Cyclo Benelux style gear?

The screams of fear when trying to stop in the pouring rain on a steep hill with 1950's style side pull brakes on steel rims?

The laughs from the crowd when you got off your bike wearing wool shorts and jerseys which were hanging around your knees at the end of a long wet race?

Ah, they don't make 'em like that any more - thank goodness!!

'Je*us, feckin', argh, my knuckles, for chr*st sake, stupid piece of sh*t canti,
bl**dy shimano, these fecking allen bolts, made of bl**ding cheese, where's that frigging 10mm fecking spanner gone.'
Sound familiar

ha.ha :LOL:

'click, c l i c k, c l i c k, c l i c k" the lovely sound of my Campagnolio Vento coming to a standstill when freewheeling to a stop.

And I'm suprised nobody has done "vroom, vroom, vvrroomm, vvvrrrooommm" Tioga Disc Drive people!!

The anguished roar of a Maillard Helicomatic close to biting it. Okay just every Maillard Helicomatic.

Biopace-induced knee-pops.

Magura brake boosters gouging tires.

Causing chain rub on both sides of a single cog before nailing it down on non-indexed downtube shifters.

Back