Retro Music Lovers (up to and including 31/12/1999)

Happy Saturday lads

I'm currently in the process of building up my Surly and amidst all the boxes of components, tools and bottles of beer it's sometimes important to sit down, sweaty and spent, and reflect with a grand tune.

Found a splendid deal on Guinness and Brewdog so tonight is going to be a good night after all. I am currently making bolognese with half a bottle of white wine in it. I like my white wine with a hint of meat sauce you see. Had to haul everything back from the shop on foot, including a parcel full of bike stuff, which the post people conveniently placed in a parcel shop further away than the one I chose. Twats.

Oh, and sorry for ruining the 70's soul theme. This is 70's but probably better suited for a midnight trip (the delicious kind) in the woods.

The boy and I were roasting marshmellows recently (hobo-style in a biscuit tin wired to a plant stand) the next morning i noticed an apparition of Giorgio Moroder burnt into the tin..?

fullsizeoutput_2a83.jpeg

The resemblance is uncanny
Giorgio_Moroder_notte.jpg

The Biscuit tin of Sheffield?...like a legit version of the Shroud of Turin...I reckon pilgrims will pay good money to visit this miracle!!..

Given that this week was the 50th anniversary of the first ever no.1 single featuring a synthesiser…….

Guess what it was and who produced and played on it?

Back