Retro Music Lovers (up to and including 31/12/1999)

I had to laugh at this. Pictures or it didn't happen right ;)

My 1st appointment came in the middle of a Covid peak with hospitals at breaking point, plus being in a void awaiting French residency approval post Brexit; where technically I had no health care. Confusing to say the least, so I declined the French willingness to go on a search and destroy mission up my lily white British ring piece in favour of dealing with more pressing issues at large. So to speak. For once it seemed bureaucracy got well ahead of itself.

Guess I need to post some music too, so here goes...

I wasn't too pleased at the prospect of the Doc going rogue with a rubberhosed snake with a surprisingly high resolution camera at the end of it. After not eating for 36 hours, moving into the lavvy and generally being delirious from having to get up at 3 AM to drink a juice that tasted scarily similar to my electrolyte powder, I finally was ready for the big day. I arrived at the clinic and was ready to flee to the closest chain that does anything greasy and tasty but I stuck to it. Got in there and these lovely nurses try to keep the mood light and the banter flowing, but it didn't help that the doctor was 3 heads taller than me and had a very joyous look on his face as he greeted me, for there was nothing to smile about. They unsuccessfully tried to put in the IV 3 or 4 times, and I am not big on needles. Then they gave me the sleepy milk and I was lights out, woke up some minutes in and got a guided tour of my colon while feeling like I've had about 6 pints in me. Not too shabby. Ate 5 burgers 20 minutes after the ordeal and finished the night with a bacon and beef pizza.

Good thing that propofol stuff isn't over the counter as it'd be one way for my better half to shut me up for the night.

With that being said, good to get it done.

And a little tune on this fine Sunday night, Monday Morning

Good day lads

Hope it's as nice and sunny as it is here. I purchased a beer box with a selection of beers which I am treating as a spring advent calendar. And with a nice bottle of beer follows a nice piece of music

Good day lads

Hope it's as nice and sunny as it is here. I purchased a beer box with a selection of beers which I am treating as a spring advent calendar. And with a nice bottle of beer follows a nice piece of music

After a turbulent noisy chaotic day. A silent room and this. Thank you.

Sting - Russians​

[Soviet news report excerpt:]
"...и премьер охарактеризовала переговоры с главой делегации Михаила Сергеевича Горбачёва как конструктивный, реалистический, типовой и дружественный обмен... ...но послание заложено..."

[English translation:]
"...and the prime minister described the negotiations with the head of the delegation, Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev, as a constructive, realistic, typical and friendly exchange... ...but the message is laid..."

In Europe and America there's a growing feeling of hysteria
Conditioned to respond to all the threats
In the rhetorical speeches of the Soviets
Mister Khrushchev said, 'We will bury you'
I don't subscribe to this point of view
It'd be such an ignorant thing to do
If the Russians love their children too

How can I save my little boy
From Oppenheimer's deadly toy?
There is no monopoly of common sense
On either side of the political fence
We share the same biology
Regardless of ideology
Believe me when I say to you
I hope the Russians love their children too

There is no historical precedent to put
The words in the mouth of the president
There's no such thing as a winnable war
It's a lie we don't believe anymore
Mister Reagan says 'We will protect you'
I don't subscribe to this point of view
Believe me when I say to you
I hope the Russians love their children too

We share the same biology
Regardless of ideology
What might save us, me and you
Is if the Russians love their children too

i could just keep posting classic tunes by classic artists, in fact i will, lets flip it upside down for now...

🙃😉🙃

Absolutely & truly amazing, this old dear !

Wasn't till a few moments in that I realised she's playing Left-Handed - (Like mah GOOD self 🥰
🥰

Many thanks indeed for playing this truly magic clip, the like of which, I'd never have known of, otherwise !

Million miles away from Free's "Fire & Water" (1970), that I'd most likely be watching, as usual.

Absolutely & truly amazing, this old dear !

Wasn't till a few moments in that I realised she's playing Left-Handed - (Like mah GOOD self 🥰
🥰

Many thanks indeed for playing this truly magic clip, the like of which, I'd never have known of, otherwise !

Million miles away from Free's "Fire & Water" (1970), that I'd most likely be watching, as usual.

Only ever seen a couple of players play upside down, as in a right handed guitar flipped over so the strings are upside down also, Hendrix etc re-strung so the strings were normal, sweet Liz is quite special indeed :cool:

Back