Retro-modern fusion gravel build madness. The new Superb!

I like the purple and yellow one - particularly the matching anno dirt drop stem
It has a nice mountain LX set, and Tange mtb tubing. Other one is a bit older, but bought it almost NOS, with Sis and Tange 5 PG tubing. Rides very good on it's 47 tires.

Bonjour fellers.
Happy New Year to all.

I'm still alive and still cycling when the weather allows, albeit still snowed under with work. Only had time to sort out a new Kona for one of the weans.
Frannie just needs the breaks done now - more fannying for me trying to make the froggos work.

Bonjour fellers.
Happy New Year to all.

I'm still alive and still cycling when the weather allows, albeit still snowed under with work. Only had time to sort out a new Kona for one of the weans.
Frannie just needs the breaks done now - more fannying for me trying to make the froggos work.
Happy new year, been wondering where you were. Good to hear you're still kicking.

Excited for updates.

Still alive, still kicking.
Haven't been cycling for fun at all, given the weather - just the commute to work in the cold & the dark. Hope everyone is well.

As tomorrow's forecast is looking good I decided to try and get Frannie on the road and, time & weather permitting, take her on her maiden voyage on a relaxed Sunday ride with the kids - see if anything falls off (at least they can call the ambulance for me, right?).

Installed the brakes & wrapped the bar tape for a couple quick rides 'round the block.

"Smooth" is Frannie's middle name. The frame is very flexible (more flex than my 531db Bojack, and probably even more than my ti Spitfire) and the Horizons are very soft, even when pumped to their recommended max. Riding the bike feels like gliding through butter. To my surprise, the final build came in only at 11.5kg with guards, and the bike is much faster rolling than I expected (lightweight wheels and light WTB tyres must be doing their magic).

Brakes will need some setting-up - right after the installation they are roughly as bad as my disks were, so barely acceptable to go on the road. The problem is that even with my best set-up I did not manage to get the pads parallel with the rims - only the bottom of the pads comes in contact. Looks like I'll need to file a new angle on the pad faces - any suggestions on how to make it easier are welcome. I don't think I'll get perfect performance out of them, given the awkward studs positions, but the stopping force will improve when more pad starts touching the rim.

PXL_20230325_154650872.jpg
PXL_20230325_154738689.jpg

Latest posts

Back