RESPRAY ADVICE

Re:

many thanks for your help. I may take into into the Powder Coaters in Hackney for them to take a look at.

Excuse my lack of any type of knowledge on these matters but do you think that you can get this high gloss metallic finish using the powder coat process or is this more of a spray application.. Do the prices in there two methods vary wildly?

Much appreciated.... :D

Re: Re:

tone123":3776zr8s said:
many thanks for your help. I may take into into the Powder Coaters in Hackney for them to take a look at.

Excuse my lack of any type of knowledge on these matters but do you think that you can get this high gloss metallic finish using the powder coat process or is this more of a spray application.. Do the prices in there two methods vary wildly?

Much appreciated.... :D

You'll probably get something close in powder, but closer in wet-paint. Powder will be quite a bit less expensive; maybe up to £100, wet-paint maybe £200-£300 at a bit of a guestimate :? ...but it is thicker than paint.

Try a search on-line for powder coaters to see if you can find what finishes you can get.

Re:

If you find Armourtex is a bust you could try Sea Bass in Peckham/Camberwell. Their workshop does wet and powder and the core business is actually bikes -you might find them more accommodating.

Re:

Regarding where to go to get the frame refinished, I've used both Colourtech in Dartford and Armourtex in Hackney. Both are good, Colourtech can take a while though due to their high workload.

I guess it comes down to powder coat or paint and I now prefer powdercoat, it's a really tough finish and is now available in metallic or with metallic type lacquers.

Vinyl decals stick well to Powder Coat, though an advantage of paint is that the decals can sit underneath a clear coat protecting them better.

Back