Rescuing a Pace RC200 F4 Frame

Muddy paw":blpvdx41 said:
I love the burnt orange colour Papillon and i love the fact you rescued the frame from a skip even more so mate :cool: .

I was going to go to the NEC bike exibition but expenses this month have damn near crippled me but if i can fall lucky and land a couple of tickets in the mean time then i'll see you there mate as i last went in 97 and had a great time .
Hi Buddy let me no if it looks on I will pm you my mobile let's meet up if you mange it.
Papillon

Papillon":1jsgki7j said:
Hi Buddy let me no if it looks on I will pm you my mobile let's meet up if you mange it.
Papillon

Cheers mate that sounds good to me so if i can make it i'll be in touch for sure ;) ..

Just thought I would update this thread, as been going on a bit now. Meet up with Dan in Bakwell on Sunday to get the Pace back I had sent Dan a while ago some Ritchey Carbon parts to fix onto the frame and a v good bottom bracket, it looks wicked the colour of the burnt orange with a flake in it makes it look v cool along with the carbon headset, bars, stem and seat post well worth the wait.
Now trying to decide wheels and cranks possible front brake or rear or none! Will post some pics once fully built over next week or two (once I have decided and gear inches)
Can't thank you enough Dan many many thanks your welding is wicked.

Wow! it has been along while but at least i'll see where your upto soon and frame sounds great by the way ;) ..

Here are some pics:

All the best,

Attachments

• IMAG1407.jpg
    IMAG1407.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 755
  • IMAG1415.jpg
    IMAG1415.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 755
  • IMAG1417.jpg
    IMAG1417.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 755
  • IMAG1413.jpg
    IMAG1413.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 755
  • IMAG1412.jpg
    IMAG1412.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 755
I love it mate and although i would of picked having black fork lowers they actually fit rather nicely with the matching paint and it's funny how a modern stem just seems fit into place with a retro frame but i guess that's down to the frame design so top job mate and i can't wait for the next update :cool: ..

Taking my frame over to the bike shop that I get most of my stuff from with a view to pick the finishing kit, leaving it to get built so all going well is suitable wheels and cracks are in stock I should be riding it very very soon
It's hung on the wall and just makes me smile when I pass it on the stairs.

Hmm!! i'd of thought that you would of been finishing it off yourself mate although don't get me wrong as theirs no harm in getting a pro to do it if you've not got the time plus any adjustments and special tools needed won't be an issue but you just won't have the enjoyment that comes from doing the final adjustments ..

Back