Rear view mirror, do you use one?

Yes but its a rear view mirror !!!!! you are riding AWAY from the approaching vehicle hence you subtract the figure !!!!!
I'm sorry I thought we were talking about using the mirror to do a maneuver, therefore you would be checking it before you move out in front of oncoming traffic. Which is what a rear view mirror does? I don't ride or drive looking behind me aside from obs. I just check its safe to move.

I have thought about a very small one, especially in the winter. Wind noise, hat over ears to keep warm, etc.....sometimes cars are right behind me before i know they are there.

It actually dosent help that i live somewhere with few cars, as I'm not expecting to see them all the time. Im interesed as locally roads are only 1 car wide, so people passing me is not easy. I'd rather pull onto the side in my own planned time, rather than have them try to squeeze by because i haven't been aware of them.

I know there's all this stuff about safe distances, but then the roads not that wide, what they supposed to do wait 8 miles for me to go i to my driveway.

Pre warned, however you get that info, is pre armed.

Plus, its only going to get worse with electric.

I have thought about a very small one, especially in the winter. Wind noise, hat over ears to keep warm, etc.....sometimes cars are right behind me before i know they are there.

It actually dosent help that i live somewhere with few cars, as I'm not expecting to see them all the time. Im interesed as locally roads are only 1 car wide, so people passing me is not easy. I'd rather pull onto the side in my own planned time, rather than have them try to squeeze by because i haven't been aware of them.

I know there's all this stuff about safe distances, but then the roads not that wide, what they supposed to do wait 8 miles for me to go i to my driveway.

Pre warned, however you get that info, is pre armed.

Plus, its only going to get worse with electric.
Well I am always aware of what is coming behind me, and that's the way I like it, to me it's a big advantage, and yes, electric cars are virtually silent and it enables me to pull over well in advance and allow vehicles to pass rather than suddenly realise I have a car right behind me getting frustrated

I ride every day and very rarely need to ride on the road, I have off road routes in every direction from my house and Dartmoor is 365sq miles of mixed wilderness and I have been riding this area for 30 years

Just something to snag up in branches & catch in demount stiles if you do little road miles.

They look shit so no.

I’ve never come across one rider who has one actually having any awareness of what is around them. Same brigade that wear high vis / have lights at full whack whilst riding along the canal on a sunny Sunday morning.
Winner. Fucks me off those antisocial, inconsiderately aligned retina burning lights.

Oh so if we are talking off road (canals/ gravel etc) then there’s even less reason to need a mirror as there’s no traffic overtaking you and you should be more than aware of approaching bikes.

It’s like the OP is in a competition with himself to build the strangest bike possible with Ali express parts and tat.

Next week it’ll be how tyres are unreliable in India and shoes/feet are a better combination so ……

FCBC9022-30DB-4E8C-B419-BFC8D8D648B5.jpeg

Back