rBoTM RBotM September 2024 - Open Month - Entries now Open!!!

road Bike of The Month

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM September 2024 - Open Month - All welcome!

Entries are now open so dig deep in the shed, take the unicorn down off the wall and dust of the commuter.
Get them out on one of the sunny days that I am sure may come by the end of the month and take a few snaps (2), post them up here with a brief description of what it is and what it means and post a link to a build page or web page so those interested can get some more information.
Then sit back and watch the fame and popularity pour in, you'll be sitting with the cool kids soon enough ;)
Entries are open until the last minutes of the month.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I'll go first then!
1984 Raleigh Record Ace, built from a cheap Ebay frameset. Just completed yesterday and only ridden around the local park this morning.
Surprisingly no adjustments required and rides lovely.
Obviously a non-standard colour but it had been professionally re-painted at some time in its past so it was a matter of adding a set of the correct H Lloyd decals and rustling up some period(ish) components.
Very pleased with the result - for not a lot of cash outlay.
A short build thread with some more pics:-

DSCF9563.JPG DSCF9587.JPG

Last edited:
Spurred on by the bike above sporting non-drops....

1959 Dave Davey that came to me with drops, but I fancied 'a jump on and off to shops' type of a ride. Nothing spectacular about it, but it just feels spot on. Original colour, some period parts and some not, as many of these type of bikes always are built with. Oh, and that saddle is the most comfortable of all I have, not Brooks, but forgot what it is - never mind, my behind is in love with it :) Dave Davey 3.jpg

I'll go first then!
1984 Raleigh Record Ace, built from a cheap Ebay frameset. Just completed yesterday and only ridden around the local park this morning.
Surprisingly no adjustments required and rides lovely.
Obviously a non-standard colour but it had been professionally re-painted at some time in its past so it was a matter of adding a set of the correct H Lloyd decals and rustling up some period(ish) components.
Very pleased with the result - for not a lot of cash outlay.
A short build thread with some more pics:-

View attachment 883914View attachment 883915
nice colour. The original greeny champagne colour was always a bit uninspiring (to me anyhow)

I'll stick my name in the hat.....

1988 Raleigh Banana 531c. Owned since new. Raced competitively originally and given a light restoration in 2021 by myself. Original paint/components and only cables, bar tape and tyres replaced. Here's to the next 36 years of ownership! 2nd pic was taken circa 1989 at 15 years old with my (sadly departed) racing buddy.

3668.jpg

1000004463.jpg

Back