rBoTM RBotM June 2024 - Theme Month - Retro Tourers! Enter Now!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM June 2024
This month is theme month and the very loose theme is tourers!
Now this many many things to many people, and so if it is something that you tour on, then with a few lines description and a couple of photos, preferably with it in action as a tourer, then convince the crowd. It could be a credit card tourer or it could be a four pannier and handlebar bag expedition setup, and all in between.
So two photos and a couple of sentences description, which this month describes not only the build but why and how it tours. Along with a link if available to a web page or readers rides page giving more information. Only a brief description on this page, more than a brief paragraph will be deleted.
Some one rightfully asked last month if there wasn't a set timeframe for this competition, despite running well over last month, well yes there is and it starts in the first week of the month, just after the previous months five day poll ends, open for entries until the very end of the month, where there is then a five day poll to decide the winner. Sometimes as seen it can go over for various reasons. This though is what we will try and stick to.

Jamie

Here's one I made earlier
Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I am here to support your entries this month since I do not have a dedicated touring bike and just use my racing bikes with a backpack (stays too short for panniers) for sun-up to sun-down touring since hospital work keeps me from extended trips. Longest tour 1300 miles, shortest 50 miles; but both fun!
Give me something I can vote for folks!

Last edited:
Haven't done any fully loaded touring in decades, but mrs non-fixie and I do like to take our bikes out to France or Italy for a week of credit card touring every now and then. Luggage on the bike is usually limited to a front bag or saddle bag. Pictured below is my '84 Koga-Miyata Randonneur. Bought as a dilapidated frameset, hastily rattle-canned and built with stuff from the parts bin. Pictures taken in September '22 in Italy, on our way to L'Eroica.

Casalbarbato.jpg

Castell'Arquato.jpg

Can I enter? Whilst, technically, I own this bike, I haven't actually seen it in the flesh yet as I'm currently (Motorhome) touring Europe and a friend picked it up for me back home so I've only got the sellers pictures and info.
Hardisty (of Byker) 531st tourer with campag groupset, dynamo lighting and strange engineering brakes.
Can't wait to get home to see it.

Attachments

• received_3569211983327976.jpeg
    received_3569211983327976.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 41
  • received_821370066532627.jpeg
    received_821370066532627.jpeg
    474.9 KB · Views: 40
1983 Claud Butler Sierra.
Not really a build thread, bike was given to me and just needed a bit of a tidy up, new saddle and bar tape.
Cycled to Ypres and back with 3 friends just before COVID, very nice to ride.
More pics in the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_9603.jpeg
    IMG_9603.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9604.jpeg
    IMG_9604.jpeg
    901.7 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back