RBotM April 2020 - Theme - Lockdown builds - Enter Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM April 2020 - Theme - Lockdown builds/ refurbs/ overhauls

Welcome to this months competition. Something a little bit different for this months theme as it is certainly a different environment out there than what it was a month ago.

For this I wont dwell on as this is not the place or the context other than to say I sincerely hope that everyone, their loved ones and families are all safe and well, that you are coping with everything, be it lockdown or a different working environment. Stay safe and hopefully we will all be back out riding as often as we want, together, quite soon.

So with that in mind and as a welcome distraction this month is the place to show off what you have been building, working on, maybe even just sprucing up the commuter that normally goes without the attention. Show it off here, show what you've been up to during this last few weeks.
I have certainly seen some serious building going on judging by social media posts, I have seen some already lovely machines getting serviced and deep cleaned along with detailed work of polishing, painting etc so please post it here, not to show off or such but maybe to inspire someone who might be feeling rubbish and unmotivated by what's going on to dig out the bike and do something with it, you never know.

For me I have been in at work as usual and a couple of times I found myself thinking, 'crap! when we come out of this, everyone I ride with is going to have immaculate rides, I better get my finger out on my days off' :)

So get those pics up with a brief description.
Looking forward to seeing what is entered.
There will be a surprise prize for this months winner as well ;)

Jamie

Corona... Nowadays I have to deal with a simple hometrainer. In earlier times I did races on them. 30 years and 25 kilo's ago...
2019-03.jpg

heezerenbosch.jpg

Re:

These are taking longer than a six day event to get on the road, but plenty of time and getting there, both frames have the original paint from 1952 ( CNC not sure about 52 but thereabouts ), looks I'll be riding fixed this summer. Thanks Terry

Attachments

• track small.jpg
    track small.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 4,444
Re:

Finaly finshed my rebuild of 1954 bsa tour of britan sport.

Attachments

• P4140548 - CopyS.jpg
    P4140548 - CopyS.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 4,365
  • P4140569S.jpg
    P4140569S.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 4,365
Apologies to the purists... It was a Holdsworth cyclocross frame obtained sans fork - waited years to find one but nothing turned up in this size. Hence I dropped in a new Surly threadless fork, had the whole thing powder coated (including the Specialized 'pizza rack' ) a grey sand/Yeti purple, then screwed it together featuring some Mavic underbar shifters and a Velo Orange LD stem that had been waiting to be used for ages. It's now stickered and hipstered up with a box to carry my croissant/quails eggs/foraged mushrooms etc...

Attachments

• IMG_3371.jpg
    IMG_3371.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 4,323
  • IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 4,323
  • IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 4,323
Re:

If a build during the Chinese lockdown will count, I'll chuck in a big wheeler. Nothing like exploiting a loophole, but I understand the spirit of this month.

Excellent theme all the same, but the numbers do seem surprisingly low.

Re:

Hi
Bought this 50s RRA off Ebay a few months ago, just about everything was wrong about it - except the paint looked pretty and the Strata stem is a rare beauty - so I decided to build a non original one from it by adding some periodish bits that I had.
It'll never be an original example and some details about the frame make me think it's already been modified in the past.
Anyway it's been keeping me busy in the garage and it'll be done in a couple of weeks (as long as the Cannodale doesn't eat it first!)

New pic added 30/04/2020, nearly there!

Regards
Tony

Attachments

• RRA blue build 1.jpg
    RRA blue build 1.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 4,232
  • RRA blue build 2.jpg
    RRA blue build 2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4,232
  • blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg