Rash De Kerf e-bay purchase?

ah, so your who I lost to!! :twisted:

That was my limit, so think it was a fair price as I wasn't going balls out for it.

Sorry Gump - obviously I saw there was just one other bidder and guessed lucky.
He must have lowered his reserve as this bike 'sold' for £270 a couple of weeks ago but didn't sell as his reserve was higher then.

I'll be feeling nervous until I see it in the flesh of course.

Do you know what tubing is used on this model? I know they moved to 853 in '97, am I think it's a Ritchey Logic tube set prior to '97?

Little Bob":27xna3vm said:
The adrenaline kicked in and I won this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

Have I been a bit silly and paid over the odds, I've been reading a bit about De Kerf recently and got sucked in...[/url]

I was thinking of buying it, and if I had bid it would have been just over 300. The only reason I didn't is that I've got two other projects on the go and I haven't really got room for another one.

As to whether it's a bargain, that's the second time he's tried to sell it and the second time it finished at 270 (the first time he must have had a 300 reserve, this time maybe dropped it to 250), so it stands to reason it's worth 270. But then he didn't sell it all that well, the pictures were bad etc, and it would certainly be worth a lot more parted out.

He told me he was pretty sure it was Ritchey Logic WCS tubes like the 95 bike, so I'd say it was a nice frame with good parts, the only problem (IMPO) being that it was designed for a much shorter fork than a modern Pace and it's just a matter of personal taste whether that either ruins the handling or doesn't matter at all. But you could get well over 100 for the forks and replace them with something shorter/period if you wanted.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the insight Anthony (and for not bidding!).

Funnily enough that was exactly what I was thinking about doing with the forks.

I've e-mailed DeKerf about the tubing, so I'll see what they come back with.

Wow - thanks cdngrimpeur, not sure why that didn't come up when I searched, but that is just perfect, much appreciated.

Looks like it is Ritchey Logic WCS tubing, which is nice.

Come on postie bring me that bike.

Dekerf

Seems like a bargin to me!

The photo's are pretty crummy but the fact that the seat collar ara appears to be fillet brazed would suggest a model superior to the Generation. i.e. 'Team SL' Most later 90s models will run well with 80mm. forks -am sure DeKerf themselves can help you with that.

Little Bob":3rcpxpxj said:
Thanks for the insight Anthony (and for not bidding!)

I usually wait until lift-off minus 10, and I decided at that point not to press the bid button with my 310! Would that have been enough? But I see you got in by a cool 2 seconds, which is pretty much as good as sniping really! :shock:

Anyways I see you're in West Sussex, so even if you decided you didn't like the bike, you could always give me a buzz - I'm in Brighton and I could come over with a smattering of cash for you to see if you liked the look of that better!

You must be not too far from Wu-Tangled and TheGreenRabbit

Back