Rascal Owners club !

Obviously I'll post here the finished project... for now I picked some xtr m900 and yellow stuff like that, what do you think?

d49b_1.JPG

i think its going to be well nice m900 xtr sounds perfect, and those hubs look luverrrrrlllyyyy !! :)
look forward to seeing it finished.

Following much deliberation, I am going to keep the original patena of the Rascal for a while, build it up and enjoy it..

I bought a Proflex 857 to ride whilst I build it :cool: :cool: :cool:

just finished this one (apart from the seatpost). i did add it to readers bike a month or so ago.... but thought id update the owners club with these pics i took today :) .

Attachments

• IMG_2690.JPG
    IMG_2690.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 3,183
  • IMG_2692.JPG
    IMG_2692.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 3,184
And this one is now mine :D :D (frame and original fork)

Thanks Bas!!!!!

Attachments

• Rascal.jpg
    Rascal.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 3,096
My recently collected Rascal. I had a watch on this through three rounds of eBay and couldn't stand it when it was about to end at $300.....so I pounced, but stayed well under $400 ;)

Highlights! Slick IRD seatpost. XT in very very nice shape save some SS5 levers. And the Flite is the most supple unused squishy original that I have felt in a while--there is a slight tear in the back edge, but other than that, pristine. Ringle skewer set and water bottle cage (off now, but probably back soon). The Manitou's elastomers are toast, so I am working on sourcing a proper rigid fork, and I'd like to change out the rubber--both tires and grips aren't my favorites. But the frame is clean and in great shape despite being used. The silver sparkle paint was a factory special order by the original owner.

Attachments

• IMG_5939.jpg
    IMG_5939.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,813
Oh dear,

Was reading through this thread and saw I never actually put a picture of my finished Rascal in here... so here goes:

rascal-inside.jpg

Although I was thinking about changing the forks to a Tange SwitchBlades I still have around and unused, but then I also have to go find a KLEIN MC1 to fit ( since I've sold mine :oops: ). Maybe even change the white paint to a brighter pearl white :?: But that's a future project then, as for now I use it the way it is but I do plan to go all black/white/silver someday (so loosing the purple).

Void

Void(EN12-82)":3vro0kxd said:
Oh dear,

Was reading through this thread and saw I never actually put a picture of my finished Rascal in here... so here goes:

Void

Guilty. I should participate, as the poor Klein didn't get a mention in the "who owns their dream bike" thread, it oughta get some love somewhere! :D

Attachments

• IMG_2813small.JPG
    IMG_2813small.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 2,754
Back