rarest bike/frame

Re:

Nice Calfee! (I assume Calfee) that is a great looking frame- any built up pics?

Re:

Breezer Kite... Very Special.

Unsure a lot of the British handbuilt bikes mentioned I would consider Rare really, by todays standards maybe, but they were all available.

Be nice to find the Prototype, of the Dave yates Vulcan (with the rollercam) and the D.O.N.I.K.S N.O.B with the headtube of course, in the TS paint Scheme, or see in the Flesh the Dave Lloyd E-stay.

but heres my Pic (sorry for the Phone pic) of the Orange Clockwork Prototype, the actual handbuilt UK rollercam blueprint pre-production example. Not quite a Breezer Kite but it certainly played its part in our history none the less.

Attachments

• IMG_0090 (1).jpg
    IMG_0090 (1).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 959
Re:

Built, By Dave Yates-(Two Wheels Good) For Lester and Steve, using the One Piece Bar and Stem Combo (Prior to the use on the orange Formula), bearing the X-Brace and Using the Unicrown fork with Lugs and front and rear Roller cam brakes. All in original Paint and decals, with 99% of the original component choices.

Attachments

• Dave Yates TWG. built for Orange..jpg
    Dave Yates TWG. built for Orange..jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 956
  • Handbuilt in the UK decal..jpg
    Handbuilt in the UK decal..jpg
    85 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_0080hhh.jpg
    IMG_0080hhh.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 956
Re:

Great find Carl! Is this one yours?

Re: Re:

sinnerman":2kqibm1s said:
Breezer Kite... Very Special.

Unsure a lot of the British handbuilt bikes mentioned I would consider Rare really, by todays standards maybe, but they were all available.

Be nice to find the Prototype, of the Dave yates Vulcan (with the rollercam) and the D.O.N.I.K.S N.O.B with the headtube of course, in the TS paint Scheme, or see in the Flesh the Dave Lloyd E-stay.

but heres my Pic (sorry for the Phone pic) of the Orange Clockwork Prototype, the actual handbuilt UK rollercam blueprint pre-production example. Not quite a Breezer Kite but it certainly played its part in our history none the less.
Hey Carl, where have you been hiding? :)

Good to have you back.

Is the TS paint scheme on the DN the multiple fade one on the launch bike?

Nice Orange. Thats a pretty special bike and should be saved if it hasn't been already!

I don't think there is much hope of finding a Lloyd essay but I could ask Ritchie if he remembers how many he painted.

That Breezer kite makes me drool...how many of those were built!

What about that Muddyfox Prestige from '88 (not the 1989 Limited Edition that Hatfield Cycles were trying to pass off as an '88 Prestige) that recently appeared on eBay, must figure as uber rare as the reports were only 1 was ever made and with a 5k price tag in '88 I can well believe it.
3 of mine are rare with the Raleigh only being 1 of 250 made, the Prestige Comp is the only one I have seen and the Anteaus 653 1 of 2 I have seen.

Carl.

I've still to see a Marin Zig Zag Trail in the UK, though seen a couple in the States and Europe (selling for stupid prices).

Re:

That prototype clockwork is just great. A real survivor.
Is it in good enough nick that it can stay in original paint etc or does it need some work on the frame? It would be a shame to paint it if it doesn't need structural repairs. Just my opinion of course - nowt to do with me if you have other plans!

I am envious - it's super cool.

Im going to go with the '95-'96 KHS FXT fully series (Descent, Comp, Pro, Team...). I don't think that they were extremely rare at the beginning, but looking for info is definitely difficult, as most of the info is just people stating that they've snapped their frame. Oh, and when I tell people what I have they say 'wow you don't see those very often'... though prob not the rarEST :LOL:

Back