Rare Retrobikes...

And for sure I know this is rare.... and beautiful...

OK, OK, forget the yellow tires... :oops: I mean the frame.. :D

Attachments

• Suzi Q (1).jpg
    Suzi Q (1).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,776
The Colella tandem is definitely dead. A friend of mine had one of the solos, no idea where it is now though.

Sorry...... thread resurrection......But what a great thread.... a few years on, and so many of these bikes are here with members..,

Cool.

I remember a Colella being on a Saturday morning ride from my LBS around '95 ish.

Designed and built in good old Basingstoke :)

It was the Coella (in MBI?) that made me want a full suspension tandem so much. There was one for sale last year on stw.

I don't think I've ever seen a Boulder full sus frame, l always loved the way the shock was hidden up the top tube on the Defiant.

phill77":17nodtd1 said:
I don't think I've ever seen a Boulder full sus frame, l always loved the way the shock was hidden up the top tube on the Defiant.

Elite504 owns a few, this is the reddest though:

1small_186.jpg

velomaniac":1hto2pw1 said:
Raleigh White Lightnin'
Anyone got one, owned one ?
Only seen two and I own one of them :cool:
Is that the black/green one with 531 tubes? Seen a couple on eBay recently that didn't sell for more than £100, one around the £50 mark.

I used to have a Raleigh Cajun in about 1989/90 and I've never seen another.

ishaw":3iocc8cf said:
velomaniac":3iocc8cf said:
Raleigh White Lightnin'
Anyone got one, owned one ?
Only seen two and I own one of them :cool:
Is that the black/green one with 531 tubes? Seen a couple on eBay recently that didn't sell for more than £100, one around the £50 mark.

I used to have a Raleigh Cajun in about 1989/90 and I've never seen another.

WHITE LIGHTNING

Soon to be renovated (it was the £100 recent Ebay one)

Cheers...Nick

I have a White Lightnin' owned from new, although I only bought the frame and added Campag Centaur drive train and brakes with other bits and bobs of Shimano & Suntour.

Interestingly I was going to chuck it as have just ordered a new carbon hardtail jobby - apparantly the brakes have some sort of fluid in them, wierd, perhaps its for hydration!? But a visit today to the great chaps at Bicyles by Design has convinced me to keep it and repair it, the frame needs a new top tube and other than the campag every thing else needs replacing. It is a great frame so am looking forward to repairing and renovating it.

Only problem is I really hate the colour scheme and fancy doing a new paint job with exposed lugs etc Will I be ostracized from this forum if I do ;-)

Latest posts

Back