Rare Retrobikes...

Re: Re:

Raging_Bulls":3igft40p said:
I know of only one example, and no idea of its current condition..

Titanium and S-bike; I'm going to guess that it's either cracked, it was cracked or will crack shortly.

pete_mcc":2hthv1p5 said:
Titanium and S-bike; I'm going to guess that it's either cracked, it was cracked or will crack shortly.

:LOL:

It's one of those options indeed. Maybe even all 3.

TBH I'd expect it to last longer than the alu ones though. This one has round chainstay tubes that are made in a material that is much less sensitive to metal fatigue.

That is of course assuming that it actually works. That cable stop on the seat tube means it was meant to run cantis, not V-brakes or Maguras.
However the positioning is all wrong. There's not enough room behind the seat tube to properly put a hanger or straddle cable there. It'd be seriously off-center.
I wonder if it's one of those concept frames that were never actually built up, much like the one that's hanging on my wall.

Tempted to take that picture and my spare 503 to a framebuilder to let him build a steel replica though. I really like the way it looks.

computerbitz":1xh6l2h6 said:
Unvega's from around 92-98 particularly the Univega CB 6.3 and the Alpina 5.7 i aint seen either of them in yonks i would imagine the 6-3 was is the rarer of the 2

Quite a 'lot' of Alpina 5.7 frames crop up on Ebay.. At least in comparison to some - usually one every couple of months, but commonly in quite poor condition.

Back