Rare Pace forks?

A nice RC36 pro class will fetch £150 if the stanctions aren’t worn. If they worn it’s half that.

I have a perfect set, serviced by Tim who used to work for Pace :) They're in the Loft of Trebz hanging off the front of my 1997 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 FS Comp, ready for the build.

Doh!! Clumsy fingers!
Just had a heads up from redbikes on this thread
For information the ‘99 Ltd edition Pro certainly should have the ridged ‘radiator’ crown design, difficult to see in the pic. However; the decals are the correct ‘99 type.
For info. The Ltd edition was made alongside the ‘99 RC36 Evo2 which was the main production run that we were building at the time together with the RC37 dual crown. The Ltd was really only produced to use up the excess stock of parts from the 1998 Pro Class. The only parts not on the shelf being the crown, hence the short run of slightly redesigned ones to match the Evo2. All other parts are in fact 1998 stock. The only other change being the decals update.

Gold finish is titanium-nitride and yes, it wears off!! So did the later black version(I told em not to do it!!). However, the Ti-ni was a coating added on top of the chrome plate, so although it looks rubbish the performance isn’t affected provided that the stanchions are rust free. I changed many gold stanchions on warranty on the ‘98s, but don’t bin ‘em because of the gold wearing, they were probably the best Pace fork in my opinion and if serviced correctly (see me!) should provide excellent use.

Are you able to bond new bushes in too?
Yes, I can…..but, it is a hell of a job as the seal housings have to be de-bonded so it is a bit expensive to do. The process uses the original bonding jigs mentioned above. I generally only do bushings that are absolutely shot; faces missing etc. Often a little ‘play’ will be evident and can be checked for tolerance, but again I only recommend replacement or adjustment if really bad. All Pace forks(and others) need a little tolerance gap for lubrication. :)

Back