Raleigh summit

They had a Titanium handlebar, that was the only Ti bit on them. There was a large "Titanium" decal in the bars so think that's why folks get confused. Definitely not a grand new either, nearer the £500 mark, he may be thinking of the Quantum which was £999 iirc and had a similar spec but a MT3 frame.

Check the small print! The bars are a ductile aluminium alloy- around 2% Ti, as I remember hearing.. Raleigh used plain gauge Ti tubing originally manufactured for the chemical industry for their frames. And avoided any welding too! Regarding those bars, golf club makers use similar marketing "ploys" for their drivers, etc..

Utterly bonkers... it's got bids over £500 at present! I picked up my Raleigh Ravine for £15.00... can't wait until time comes to sell some of my Raleigh collection, might pay for a new car lol!

Bonkers indeedy.. I love my Raleighs, but there are so many great bikes from the early '90s that can be found for that sort of money.. That's a grand shed full you have there, Tomas- you may like to start browsing the Aston Martin brochures right away (Other luxury car brands are available..) Think I'm entering the wrong raffles,btw- the last thing I won was a set of wine glasses that wouldn't look out of place on the set of "Abigail's Party"..

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":1ryxj90b said:
brocklanders023":1ryxj90b said:
That's a 93 model right? From memory the 92 (or 91?) had the same frame but better kit including the original Rockshox RS1's. That one was quite expensive iirc.

Yep, that's a '93 all right, these had the redesigned seat stay/seat tube joints, as the earlier ones (with the 'Raleigh' motif) were prone to failing there. I don't recall these being a near £1000 bike though...

Agreed, they were not a grand. Maybe £6/700? The price for this is bonkers as seen mint ones go for sub £100.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3511wfa9 said:
That's a 93 model right? From memory the 92 (or 91?) had the same frame but better kit including the original Rockshox RS1's. That one was quite expensive iirc.

Frame design changed midway through model life to the shot in stays that you see on that bike from the stays brazed either side of the seat cluster due to warranty claims.

If that's worth £500 my considerably rarer 531 Team must be worth a grand!

Carl.

Re:

Just looking at a old MBUK and according to Allens Cycles in Wombwell the prices were as follows for the 93 bikes:

Ravine LX £485.
Summit LX (no suss) £500.
Kalahari RS (Mag 30 suss) £600.

Back