Raleigh Dyna-Tech Ti Project

Thanks for all the good gen. @Markybeau has clarified the age and has offered a recommendation for a respray.

That said, it's all looking promising and I may just do a really thorough clean up/touch up job as suggested by @Guinessisgoodforyou but first I'll look into the full respray options.

I'll build an 8 speed wheel to keep the authenticity going and I may well have to source a set of good condition Shimano 600 shifters as it looks like repairing the broken lever isn't a realistic option. If I can get a single RH lever that may save a few quid and I can then polish up the LH lever (incl new decal buttons), as it's in reasonable condition.

Thanks again

Put a wanted ad up, loads of very nice members only happy to help out. It will be great whatever you do. Another one saved.

Hiya, have a soft spot for a Dyna-Tech, looks like you’ll have some fun getting yours recommissioned.

I can try and answer some of your questions I’m sure there are others with better knowledge than me.

The serial number sequence for that era was something like A=1990, B=1991 etc. yours being F could make it 1996 so I could be wrong as Dyna-Tech had become M-Trax by then - again don’t quote me on this!

The information you are looking at for tube set is the number 2125 which meant titanium main tubes and could be part titanium/part crmo chainstays and seat stays, a magnet will soon tell you which.

Honestly that frame looks like it would clean up really well with a wash and a polish. New decals could set it off. I’d really hesitate to do much in terms of refinishing a bonded frame - certainly if it’s being resprayed don’t have it baked as it may impact the bond. Not sure how this model is bonded, some were glued some a different process.

On here is a good place to ask for parts or eBay though expect to pay more there. You are more likely to get genuine stuff on here. If you’re after left-the-factory level expect to pay for it. A donor bike can often help make this cheaper.

Lots of places for decals H Lloyd cycles does have some Dyna-Tech ones.

No idea about the frame stiffness, not sure what you could do to change that!
Steve at H Lloyd has come good. He needs to make spec ones for me, but I'm feeling confident that they will be just great.

KxaMhURgT7+F8PmgZ8%L8w.jpg
Well, the Decals are off (and the decal glue is finally off the frame too now!). Replacements Decals are being made to order by steve@hlloydcycles.com as they weren't out there to buy off the shelf. @mtbkez thanks for the pointers regarding colour matching the blue paint and if anyone out there has a definitive Raleigh colour match to point me in a more direct fashion to the correct paint colours I'd be grateful. Next job, it's a proper clean up, prep and touch up of the paintwork. Once I'm happy with the frame and forks I'll be ready to start wheel building and laying my hands on shiny replacement parts.

Back