Raleigh Randonneur 708 1997

Hi Regarding the Randonneur/royal bikes I have a Raleigh royal in Green size 55cm centre to top seat tube and 55 cm centre to centre top tube that I will sell if you are interested . It has its original components . Of course the Randonneur bike has higher specifications but the Reynolds 708 frames are the same . Absolutely great bikes I have two definitely a keeper .
+1, I can only echo what Tom said too.

the 708 tubing is a very rare tubing but a very high quality one, I have one Peugeot Prestige made of it and it is both rigid and comfy. Very nice bike.

Nice brace of Rapides there. My 708 is now sporting Rando bars rather than the dirt drops which were a bit narrow. (I also bottled it on doing harlequin bar wrap this time, but dig how the orange matches the saddle when shellacked

View attachment 871577
Hi guys, I got it! From a lovely guy Dan in East London. It's all absolutely original and even has the spare spokes on the seats stay. The only thing that was missing was the Brookes B17 saddle which Dan dug out from his treasure trove for a very few quid extra. Super happy. Frame number F28115 which I guess is 1995? In beautiful nick. First ride tomorrow 😁 20240803_173103.jpg

Hi Regarding the Randonneur/royal bikes I have a Raleigh royal in Green size 55cm centre to top seat tube and 55 cm centre to centre top tube that I will sell if you are interested . It has its original components . Of course the Randonneur bike has higher specifications but the Reynolds 708 frames are the same . Absolutely great bikes I have two definitely a keeper .
Thanks loads. Found one yesterday 👍

Great bike, great condition, and in the last years of raleigh handmade quality frames in the UK👍
It looks hardly used!

I think when these were new they came with a certificate signed by the framebuilder at this time - so Raleigh were still trying to sell the idea of skilled quality UK manufacture.

It wasn't long before they concentrated on cheap imported mass produced bikes😪

Great bike, great condition, and in the last years of raleigh handmade quality frames in the UK👍
It looks hardly used!

I think when these were new they came with a certificate signed by the framebuilder at this time - so Raleigh were still trying to sell the idea of skilled quality UK manufacture.

They did indeed 😁

It looks hardly used!

Thanks for that. I've been giving it a gentle service and I can't believe how fresh it is. There don't seem to be any issues and I think it's all original. One small scratch on the chainstay and a slightly peeling 'Randonneur' decal. Any ideas on how to match the paint?
It rides quite beautifully too. Happy cyclist here

Latest posts

Back