Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Thanks :) It's gorgeous, the paint job in particular is exactly how I remember it being much brighter than I have seen any camera portray it. ( I was worried I'd have to use colour restorer ) When I got it out of the box it was indeed nostalgia time. Still rides well too. It's gonna be my gentle ride bike :)

After a bit more poking I have discovered that it still may be a Dynatech frame ( from 94 Dyna Techs were brazed) it just won't be an Mt3, 4 or 5)

Looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with her (ooer)

as for seatpost, I am afraid I don't know did Raleigh change the components on to the new frame for you or just send a new frame ( if they just sent a new frame and your old post fitted then it will be the same as mine and I'll have a look for you )

That's awesome. You may need to pm me some more photos.

I've got an old 1989 Deore II group set in mint condition including wheels (long story... But not many people agree that I'm dismantling a 1989 DB Apex!), nos XT thumbies and the crème de la crème... nos titanium Girvin Flex stem!! Am I mad. Yep... But always, always wanted one.

Need to sort out seat post (pretty sure they put old one back in so guessing it's 27.2) front mech (need top pull, Deore II one I have is bottom pull) and a nice saddle (gel in Avenir one I have is long gone).

Can't wait to get it back up and running!!

If it's a bonded titanium M Trax with brazed seat stays (I own three of the same frames myself), I am certain that the seat post size is 27.0 mm.

ultrazenith":3bg1v3sg said:
If it's a bonded titanium M Trax with brazed seat stays (I own three of the same frames myself), I am certain that the seat post size is 27.0 mm.

Thanks dude. I've got an old 27.2 post (without the top clamp for the seat) and that slides in. Also I'm pretty sure the original post is at my brothers place, so will see if he can decipher the size.

Cheers for the heads up though... I won't be buying a newbie until I get the right size.

Mahoney1978":1hpnuyv4 said:
ultrazenith":1hpnuyv4 said:

Thanks dude. I've got an old 27.2 post (without the top clamp for the seat) and that slides in. Also I'm pretty sure the original post is at my brothers place, so will see if he can decipher the size.

Cheers for the heads up though... I won't be buying a newbie until I get the right size.

Interesting, so Raleigh changed the seat tube size at some point. Good to know.

I have 2 M Trax Ti frames from 1993, and one from 1994 or 1995, all three of them are 27.0 (with 27.0 stamped on their original seat posts). I wouldn't be surprised if earlier designs used different sizes.

Re:

I have an m-trax ti1000 from 95 it came with it's original seat post with 26.8 stamped on it I replaced it with an x-lite one if bike manufacturers are anything like car makers I would not be surprised in the least if they changed specs constantly

Back