Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

They look nice, but shipping costs to continental europe are too high. I'm looking for a reliable fork
without elastomers that can easily be repaired (widely-used to get spare parts). To my knowledge none of them I have listed uses elastomers.

In this case the only fork, that should fit a Torus of 1994 is a time correct Mag 21. This fork has been installed in my Torus FS in 1994 and has given a perfect ride with the bike.

Best regards from Mainhatten

The Rock Shox fork looks really sexy. Does anyone here know which Rock Shox and Marzocchi models are of bad quality so that one should avoid buying them?

With the Rock Shox Mag 21 I have had never a Quality Problem. So I'll say you should avoid buying the Marzocchi models XC 500/600 because their Problem was the Fluid escapes through the oil seal.

In this case it doesn't solve the principial Problem written by you in the german Forum, of the wrong frame size. Maybe at first you should Change the frame to the next size, means 20 Inch (mid to mid)

Best regards

Dynatechrider":rv93nan5 said:
In this case it doesn't solve the principial Problem written by you in the german Forum, of the wrong frame size. Maybe at first you should Change the frame to the next size, means 20 Inch (mid to mid)

Did any of the Dynatechs come in a size larger than 19.25" centre to top? This is of interest to me because I am 6'3" and the 19.25" duo tech frames I have are bordering on being too small for me.

Re:

Andy, at least some models came in 21'' and featured a curved top tube. See page 4: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91636&start=30
I think you'd be lucky to find one though..

Bear in mind that the 49cm is pretty huge for a 19'', with it's 6 1/2'' head tube. You might just get away with it, with lots of seatpost + stem, especially if you've got proportionally long legs.
* absolutely no vested interest of course ;)

Hi ultrazenith,

You're right, the titanium duo tech frames only was available up to 19",only the curved Voyager came in a 21" framset.

The full Ti Torus came up to 22 Inch, please check the attached pic.

@Dynatechrider
No, the fork won't solve this problem, because I need to raise my handlebars for about 10 cm to get a comfortable sitting position :-(
My sitting position is like on this torture machine:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wp-content/u ... ited-1.jpg

Would you recommend Marzocchi Bomber Z1-Z5?

Do you know the qualitative and technical differences between most common Rock Shox models? I know that Judys are better than Indys, but what about the Mag series?

@ 12345

This discussion is for nothing, because you want to have a comfortable Position, without any Change of the Geometrie of your Torus. Therefore you need a 20 Inch or 22 Inch Frame set, depending by the stand over high.This would be no aesthetic meltdown as you can see below.

All Marzocchi forks listet in your last post are Long travel fork, so they are out of discussion

The Mag series of Rock Shox was the Standard for oil/Air System forks, the Indy was elastomer Systems and the Judy was elastomer Systems in combination with a oil cartridge. Please check the below attached link.
http://mombat.org/Rock_Shox.htm

My 1994 Vacation in Valle di sesto with two Raleigh Dynatech M-Trax 600, one of them has been pimped with a complete Shimano XT 737 and Syncros steam, bar and seatpost.

]
and this year in Tirol with my Raleigh USA Technium line Peak nearly in cataloge configuration

Best regards

Latest posts

Back