Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hi all,

I recently picked this up (for a steal) and i'm now in the process of gathering parts to give it an overhaul - the forks are seized, grips perished, seatpost stuck among other things, the frame however and wheels are pretty good - Anyhow I wondered if any of you may know what the original specs were, particularly the headset size?

The tyres have already been removed and sold on (covering the cost of the full bike!!)

Its a Dynatech Cro Mo Sport

Hi all,

I recently picked this up (for a steal) and i'm now in the process of gathering parts to give it an overhaul - the forks are seized, grips perished, seatpost stuck among other things, the frame however and wheels are pretty good - Anyhow I wondered if any of you may know what the original specs were, particularly the headset size?

The tyres have already been removed and sold on (covering the cost of the full bike!!)

Its a Dynatech Cro Mo Sport
Hi, Any progress with this yet?
Quite rare these, i had one in `96, in blue stickered up as Dyna-Tech Cromo Comp. Yours looks all original apart from the fork. They originally came with a triple butted spinner rigid fork.
I seem to recall a Raleigh rep saying these were a rebadged M-Trax built for the 5 star dealers only so they could still offer something more upmarket - ie the Dyna-Tech brand.
Both the Sport and Comp models had the same Reynolds Optima light frameset and rigid forks, the Sport had a mix of alivio/Stx and the Comp Stx/stx rc mix with gripshift. Pretty sure this has a 1" headset.

cheers
Andy

Sorry about cross posting this. I have a bonded steel Dynatech Mission frame and fork (incl. headset) to move on. This was meant to be a project but life (working abroad long term) got in the way and it went into storage in a relative's garage for quite a few years. Unfortunately, there some areas of rust that need treating. Any ideas about what it's worth?

IMG-20231217-WA0000.jpg IMG-20231217-WA0003.jpg IMG-20231217-WA0002.jpg

Sorry about cross posting this. I have a bonded steel Dynatech Mission frame and fork (incl. headset) to move on. This was meant to be a project but life (working abroad long term) got in the way and it went into storage in a relative's garage for quite a few years. Unfortunately, there some areas of rust that need treating. Any ideas about what it's worth?

View attachment 806791View attachment 806792View attachment 806793
I’d stick it in for sale at £50 open to offers and see what you get. Based on prices I’ve paid for similar frames/bikes in much better condition. If it were minty I’d have been interested.

Back