Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Aaaaaand I rejoined the Church of the Dynatech today…

To do list will be a fair bit of cleaning and polishing to do, sort out the bars and stem, replace the scruffy thumbies and SS 5s with marginally less scruffy ones from the parts bin/ garage floor, get the 986s on the front and some Scott Pederson SEs on the back… oh and a Turbo and it’ll be just like a never sold the last one 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2021.jpeg
    IMG_2021.jpeg
    663.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2022.jpeg
    IMG_2022.jpeg
    681 KB · Views: 21
Aaaaaand I rejoined the Church of the Dynatech today…

To do list will be a fair bit of cleaning and polishing to do, sort out the bars and stem, replace the scruffy thumbies and SS 5s with marginally less scruffy ones from the parts bin/ garage floor, get the 986s on the front and some Scott Pederson SEs on the back… oh and a Turbo and it’ll be just like a never sold the last one 🤣
Nice, looks like a Diablo RS too...

Finally finished putting the MT4 together, that I got from @johndeverill in March 2020...

There isn't a build thread...I can't say there was much of a plan.

Took it out for a test ride. Needs a couple of small changes - longer stem, with a sharper angle, as I feel hunched over it. Middle ring is slipping and there's a weeping fork seal. The first two are likely to get changed in the next few days. The third will probably stay as it is.

Really like the way it rides. Very comfortable. Much softer than the RSP 550 or the Torus.

This is about as close as I get to full suspension.
View attachment 748786
Looking good !
I had some rigid Pace 531 forks once upon a time when I had one

Hi all,

I've just collected a Ti RSP/Torus frame but I'm having difficulties deciphering the year/model. It's thought to be an ex-team bike (previous owner bought it from a team mechanic) and looking at quality of welds and a mismatch of frame pieces, I'd be inclined to think this is true.

Here's an overall, it's had a slightly hard life but hoping I can work some magic on it. As you can see the frame is painted, which I believe came later on in the Torus/RSP life.
IMG_1503.jpg

Serial seems to begin with a T. Then there's a gap, a faint number which I can't decipher and then a 6. There's also an 88 on the BB shell.
IMG_1508.jpg

So maybe 'Team' 96? But here's the RSP headtube badge which came when, 99+?
IMG_1512.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg

But of course it can't be 99 as it has the canti mount and also, those cable guides on the side of the toptube suggest 94/95...
IMG_1504.jpg

Early dropouts.
IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

So. A team bike made in 98+ from old pieces of frame laying around the factory? A team bike made in 95, sprayed and with a headtube badge added later. Maybe just a mongrel made by someone in the factory with parts at cost?

A penny for all your thoughts?

Ultimately I'd like to take it back to a polished finish and create a 94/95 Torus, but if it's of historical interest I may keep it and build it correctly.

If you happen to be on Facebook, it will be worth asking on our group on there, we have ex Raleigh employees and product managers on there who would maybe be able to help out.

Hi all,

I recently picked this up (for a steal) and i'm now in the process of gathering parts to give it an overhaul - the forks are seized, grips perished, seatpost stuck among other things, the frame however and wheels are pretty good - Anyhow I wondered if any of you may know what the original specs were, particularly the headset size?

The tyres have already been removed and sold on (covering the cost of the full bike!!)

Its a Dynatech Cro Mo Sport

Attachments

• 20230619_195836.jpg
    20230619_195836.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi all,

I recently picked this up (for a steal) and i'm now in the process of gathering parts to give it an overhaul - the forks are seized, grips perished, seatpost stuck among other things, the frame however and wheels are pretty good - Anyhow I wondered if any of you may know what the original specs were, particularly the headset size?

The tyres have already been removed and sold on (covering the cost of the full bike!!)

Its a Dynatech Cro Mo Sport
Unable to answer your specific questions but that looks a great start to a lovely bike - I have a couple of the Reynolds Optima tubed Raleigh MTB's and although not super light they do ride really nicely.
A Pace RC35 fork might suit the front of that if you're sticking with suspension.

Great find - enjoy!

Back