Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

oooh...I have a nice Ti3000 that is yearning for some UGLI's...!
Here's a link to the forks I have:

There's a purple set on eBay too for £75 iirc.

At the weekend I was given the challenge of identifying this bike which is unbranded. It has a Dyn-Tech frame but is it a Raleigh. So far I have been unable to match to early 90s catalogues in America, UK (where I am) and Germany, The serial number is GC3050463.

It has variety of group sets installed:
Main tubes: Aluminium or Titanium alloy
RD: Deore DX
FD: Deore DX
Chainrings: Shimano Biopac—SG
Front hub: Shimano Deore DX HB-M650
Rims: 26” Anaya RM-20 Super Hard
Brakes: Shimano SLX Cantis
Headset: Shimano STX
Quill Stem: Might be dated 96
Forks: Chrome
I have been unable to match the: top tube “braze” ons, top of the seat tube, seat stays and rear brake cable stop to a Raleigh model.

What are your thoughts, pleaseView attachment 720780?View attachment 720786View attachment 720789

The frame has lugs but the lugs themselves are welded onto the headtube etc., but the RSP lugged MTB frames (all Diablos, Ogres. MT3, MT4, MT5, M Trax Duo Techs) had no visible welds in the front triangle. The head tubes were one-piece aluminium, for instance. If it's a Raleigh at all, perhaps it was a prototype for the first set of bonded Ti / steel Dynatechs?

hi all, posted these on the main page, but since there’s an even more niche group of dynatech fans here then I think these will happily fit in here.
Ex team ‘92-‘93 bikes, a barrie Clarke and a caroline alexander (with trimmnel forks)
both owned by me for around 30 years and for the part been in storage post their heyday with occasional rides out here and there.
7B6C5B03-73CB-4351-BA0D-E33E32C41F1F.jpeg B003DC3A-A53C-4AB9-A537-EF16C31E7A67.jpeg

Back