Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Looks in great shape. The mods are exactly what my teenage self would have done the year it came out, as it was I could never have afforded those goodies! I remember waiting for a DCD to arrive after sending off for it out of a magazine. While Iā€™m not actively buying more bikesā€¦ā€¦..an Encounter is on my list Iā€™d buy if a nice one came up.

Exactly the same as me, a friend had an Encounter when I was in year 7 and I wanted one ever since. The period parts are everything I always wanted but again couldn't afford but I too also remember buying my first mk2 black dcd in my early teens. I actually acquired this Encounter off ebay in 2010 as a frame and fork but actually first saw it on here in the "how much is it worth thread", its then took all these years working on it on and off to get to this point now.

Do you have any DynaTechs yourself?

Exactly the same as me, a friend had an Encounter when I was in year 7 and I wanted one ever since. The period parts are everything I always wanted but again couldn't afford but I too also remember buying my first mk2 black dcd in my early teens. I actually acquired this Encounter off ebay in 2010 as a frame and fork but actually first saw it on here in the "how much is it worth thread", its then took all these years working on it on and off to get to this point now.

Do you have any DynaTechs yourself?
Iā€™ve got a few Dyna-Tech MTBs and a Dyna-Tech Pro road bike Iā€™m just starting to build. All 1990/1991 - A Raleigh Marauder was my first new MTB in ā€˜90 and was a turd that I polished, the DCD ended up on that! An Mtrax 1000 came after that from an auction bargain and seeing my then step brothers Dyna-Tech road bike it set the seed of what I wanted when I could eventually afford it. That didnā€™t happen until recently!

171A0750-F298-43D1-8312-F17870924627.jpeg AD1BADD5-450A-4F67-B8A0-B88892EB1CC8.jpeg 8224CF12-C04A-4A13-9860-FE358E7B1A9C.jpeg B3B9A675-313A-4FBD-91F8-663B25F07AF0.jpeg

Attachments

• 50770FFE-CB4E-4893-AF63-C7C759208475.jpeg
    50770FFE-CB4E-4893-AF63-C7C759208475.jpeg
    908.3 KB · Views: 6
Iā€™ve got a few Dyna-Tech MTBs and a Dyna-Tech Pro road bike Iā€™m just starting to build. All 1990/1991 - A Raleigh Marauder was my first new MTB in ā€˜90 and was a turd that I polished, the DCD ended up on that! An Mtrax 1000 came after that from an auction bargain and seeing my then step brothers Dyna-Tech road bike it set the seed of what I wanted when I could eventually afford it. That didnā€™t happen until recently!

View attachment 682698View attachment 682699View attachment 682708View attachment 682714
Oh wow indeed!!! Thatbis a gorgeous collection! An Encounter and Endeavour will finish that group of nicely!

The mk1 mission is an absolute stunner, the silver paint really shows off thar beautiful head lug šŸ˜

I've just realised you're not all that far from me as I was looking at the Odyssey painted warranty frame you was selling as I'm only over in Wisbech.

Oh wow indeed!!! Thatbis a gorgeous collection! An Encounter and Endeavour will finish that group of nicely!

The mk1 mission is an absolute stunner, the silver paint really shows off thar beautiful head lug šŸ˜

I've just realised you're not all that far from me as I was looking at the Odyssey painted warranty frame you was selling as I'm only over in Wisbech.
We need to ordganise a meet via the Facebook page next year...all these absoluete stunners that are kicking about!

We need to ordganise a meet via the Facebook page next year...all these absoluete stunners that are kicking about!
I absolutely agree! There are plenty of these about and what way better to show them off with a dedicated meet. I think the sooner we get the wheels in motion the more likely it will happen and the more bikes we can get there and then maybe start a thread here on retrobike with the link as it seems there are alot on here who are not on the group.

I absolutely agree! There are plenty of these about and what way better to show them off with a dedicated meet. I think the sooner we get the wheels in motion the more likely it will happen and the more bikes we can get there and then maybe start a thread here on retrobike with the link as it seems there are alot on here who are not on the group.
I cant agree more!

Thanks, I think the Encounter is more likely than an Endeavour! You never know though, I keep my eyes and ears open, these three came up separately all in great condition for sensible money. Thereā€™s an Endeavour frame on eBay been on for a while now minus the forks for what I think is a high price. Especially considering the wheels in the same sellers items will set you back another Ā£500.

Iā€™d be up for a meet up next year, though I donā€™t do Facebook so if you do drop a message on here!

Thanks, I think the Encounter is more likely than an Endeavour! You never know though, I keep my eyes and ears open, these three came up separately all in great condition for sensible money. Thereā€™s an Endeavour frame on eBay been on for a while now minus the forks for what I think is a high price. Especially considering the wheels in the same sellers items will set you back another Ā£500.

Iā€™d be up for a meet up next year, though I donā€™t do Facebook so if you do drop a message on here!

Agreed the Encounter is the more likely of the bunch being the bottom one so should be plenty more of them lurking around, coincidentally I'm in WhatsApp talk with the seller for the Endeavour trying to work a deal on it. The seller had sent me some better high res pictures but seems reluctant sending pics of the top tube, head lug, non drive side and inside the bb shell. He has reassured me the threads are fine put the attached pic puts some doubt in my mind as they look a little rough.

We will keep you informed of a meet, im sure Steve our group admin will post a thread up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221121-122229_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221121-122229_WhatsApp.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 7
Agreed the Encounter is the more likely of the bunch being the bottom one so should be plenty more of them lurking around, coincidentally I'm in WhatsApp talk with the seller for the Endeavour trying to work a deal on it. The seller had sent me some better high res pictures but seems reluctant sending pics of the top tube, head lug, non drive side and inside the bb shell. He has reassured me the threads are fine put the attached pic puts some doubt in my mind as they look a little rough.

We will keep you informed of a meet, im sure Steve our group admin will post a thread up.
Top tube looks like the lacquer has peeled, could be reflections but looks like it needs painting.

If it were less money Iā€™d not be so fussy but Iā€™m not sure about those threads, could be fine if chased but who knows without seeing it in person.

For that sort of money Iā€™d want forks/seatpost and minty mint paintwork and no doubts about any threads.

Back