Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

You wait almost 5 years for a decent 16" to show itself...and then two pop up within 2 months...and despite your better judgement, you buy both...

View attachment 553043
I'm both very happy and a little sad. It has seen so little action it seems a shame to use it. Apart from needing a clean up and a bit of fettling there is hardly any wear...on anything. The saddle is awful though. I'm going to change it for a flite.
A great buy that, and looks in excellent condition.

Looking forward to seeing it more on the group page too! ;)

1991 Voyager with Dyna-curve

30B024BE-21F7-4BF2-8AC5-CE31CEBA4247.jpeg

I’ve been away from this thread for a while and living in New Zealand means I don’t get to see many (if any!) Dyna Techs in the flesh.

Loving the recent information about the Decade.. a bike I remember being released and lusted after.

I (kind of!) have a one of a kind Dyna Tech. Here is my 1991 Sentinel that debonded (circa 1994?) and the replacement warranty frame from Raleigh was a later model (Dyna Tech MT? Or M-Trax?) painted as the Sentinel! I got a letter from Raleigh explaining that I had the Titanium upgrade frame for my troubles. You can see from the cable routing it’s a later model and the magnet test confirms that the top and down tubes are Ti.

I bought this with my paper round money (and money from birthday/Xmas) in 1991 and although I sold it to a friend in 2001 when I left to go to NZ my brother bought it back from him in 2003. My brother then gave it back to me (legend!) and I had it shipped to NZ around 2014.

For the build here I had to sacrifice a nos 1989/90 Diamondback Apex… but the end result was worth it (don’t worry… the Diamondback frame got rehomed!). It’s running Deore II, XTR front mech, Farmer John Nephews, Titanium One piece flexstem, thomson seat post and charge saddle (ok… need to change these but coming by parts in NZ is tough!).

I have a set of NOS Deore XT brake levers (to go alongside the XT Thumbies) which I just need to fit.

81A5F9BF-92D6-4794-AD34-4D4EC523C92C.jpeg

I’ve been away from this thread for a while and living in New Zealand means I don’t get to see many (if any!) Dyna Techs in the flesh.

Loving the recent information about the Decade.. a bike I remember being released and lusted after.

I (kind of!) have a one of a kind Dyna Tech. Here is my 1991 Sentinel that debonded (circa 1994?) and the replacement warranty frame from Raleigh was a later model (Dyna Tech MT? Or M-Trax?) painted as the Sentinel! I got a letter from Raleigh explaining that I had the Titanium upgrade frame for my troubles. You can see from the cable routing it’s a later model and the magnet test confirms that the top and down tubes are Ti.

I bought this with my paper round money (and money from birthday/Xmas) in 1991 and although I sold it to a friend in 2001 when I left to go to NZ my brother bought it back from him in 2003. My brother then gave it back to me (legend!) and I had it shipped to NZ around 2014.

For the build here I had to sacrifice a nos 1989/90 Diamondback Apex… but the end result was worth it (don’t worry… the Diamondback frame got rehomed!). It’s running Deore II, XTR front mech, Farmer John Nephews, Titanium One piece flexstem, thomson seat post and charge saddle (ok… need to change these but coming by parts in NZ is tough!).

I have a set of NOS Deore XT brake levers (to go alongside the XT Thumbies) which I just need to fit.

View attachment 556328
That “Sentinel” looks great. I think I may have a similar bike in the “Odyssey” I recently purchased though I don’t have any provenance for this. Suspect mine is based on a ‘94 Diablo frame.

Attachments

• 76D85C6C-F878-4332-9FA4-5781CC257E11.jpeg
    76D85C6C-F878-4332-9FA4-5781CC257E11.jpeg
    861.8 KB · Views: 8
That “Sentinel” looks great. I think I may have a similar bike in the “Odyssey” I recently purchased though I don’t have any provenance for this. Suspect mine is based on a ‘94 Diablo frame.

Thanks dude… just replied on your thread too as I agree, pretty sure this is a 1994 Diablo. Would love some U.G.L.I forks… but not sure they go with current set up.

btw… that Odyssey is a beauty! At least you can be semi confident it shouldn’t debond 😂🤦‍♂️

June 2020 saw me own an RSP 550 for one week. I loved it, but it was too big. This arrived today, it's not too big, and I want to thank ibbz for even considering parting with it. Screenshot_20210722-192042_Gallery.jpg

Back