Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

And let's not forget the Decade MMC frame.

SAM_1716.JPG

Fatal Swan":34r1y3fg said:
Couple of quick questions for any Dyna Tech owners with access to their bikes (I'm planning a couple of upgrades but it's in storage 300 miles away at the moment...)

Can anyone tell me the head tube length of a 19" Dyna Tech Diablo (mine is here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=292714&start=10), or what the minimum steerer length would be with the stock stem? I've got hold of a rather lovely RC35 fork but I'd like to make sure its steerer is going to be long enough.

Also does anyone have an idea of the weight of the steel UGLI fork is? After getting the Dyna Tech down to 23lbs so far I'm also keen to know what kind of weight penalty the RC35 would come with (it's about 1520g).

Cheers! :)
Bumping this request from a couple of pages back in case anyone can help out... Cheers :)

This is my Dynatech jersey. Bought from Battery Cycle Works during 1994 or 1995, this is still the coolest jersey I have ever seen. I remember being thrilled that 'Raleigh' doesn't appear anywhere on it - this was important for M Trax and Dynatech owners in the mid 90s. It is also the only black-blue Dynatech jersey I have ever seen, in real life or on the web.

20151110_143535.jpg

The jersey is a bit small for me now, but I dream of getting a few replicas printed sometimes in the near future :xmas-big-grin:

Anyone else ever have one of these?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kingbling":b74a5r8m said:
what would you do with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RALEIGH-SPECI ... &rt=nc leave it alone or rip it to bits and barstadize the frame with surplus parts just coz ya can :x :idea:

I admit I did consider buying that one, it's too small for me and I thought it would be a crime to split the frame and forks.

If it's your size, just put a better groupset on and ride.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I would tidy it up as best I could and sprinkle it in nice bits for the love of it!.....but then again, I just can't help myself..... ;)

I'm really enjoying this great thread and i think the Dyna Tech came out in 89 with the Metal matrix frames but not 100% sure tbh ..

kingbling":3p8o9dhr said:
what would you do with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RALEIGH-SPECI ... &rt=nc leave it alone or rip it to bits and barstadize the frame with surplus parts just coz ya can :x :idea:

I'd change the bits - the bits on the bike aren't very attractive and overwhelm.
I also am not a fan of UGLI forks - Reynolds 531 Pace for me!

Latest posts

Back