Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

doctorstewie":2syg2had said:
Oh Mahoney - looking forward to seeing the Titanium Sentinel - that has to be a rarity :)

Ha! Tell me about it, can't wait. All cabled up today. Grips and cage bolts left to put on.

Mahoney1978":2ftz4ttc said:
doctorstewie":2ftz4ttc said:
Oh Mahoney - looking forward to seeing the Titanium Sentinel - that has to be a rarity :)

Ha! Tell me about it, can't wait. All cabled up today. Grips and cage bolts left to put on.

Here she is! A 1991 (sort of) Dyna Tech Sentinel. I'll post up a proper post soon, but in the mean time enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0019~2-640x360.JPG
    DSC_0019~2-640x360.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 612
Mahoney1978":3bx85bqq said:
Mahoney1978":3bx85bqq said:
doctorstewie":3bx85bqq said:

Here she is! A 1991 (sort of) Dyna Tech Sentinel. I'll post up a proper post soon, but in the mean time enjoy!
is that an MT3 or a Sentinel? Or an MT3 rebranded as a sentinel?
Looks like an MT3

My Dynatech Encounters

How do!
I thought I would put up a few words on this topic, seeing as I have poured over the 100 odd pages on this topic quite a bit over the last year or two ;)

There are some stunning bikes on here! Mine are no where near mint, but are useable and tidy! I'm still proud of my classics.

I currently have 2 Encounters - a 17.5 inch and a 20 inch.

The smaller has been with me for a very long time and has been an amazing bit of kit.....but never really big enough....or maybe I'm just getting old now!
The 20 inch feels just as a good ride, but a bit better suited to me!

The smaller is still rocking its original spec, Where as the newer addition has been treated to a sprinkling of NOS XT 730/732 parts.....yummy!

Heres a few piccies:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erb9ku59yqb9l ... A.jpg?dl=0

9 photos
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/kddmm92cfujw ... dcGTQLJ_0a

Looks like an MT3

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Definitely a Sentinel, but a more modern Dyna repainted as a Sentinel. I'm not sure to be honest but any help to 100% identify the frame would be great. Dating looks to be 1994-5 (Frame number). But rear stays do not look the same as an MT3.

Any help... Much appreciated

Cheers

Mahoney1978":39s09rbj said:
Looks like an MT3

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Definitely a Sentinel, but a more modern Dyna repainted as a Sentinel. I'm not sure to be honest but any help to 100% identify the frame would be great. Dating looks to be 1994-5 (Frame number). But rear stays do not look the same as an MT3.

Any help... Much appreciated

Cheers

Calling bikemeister2000 ?? You still around?? He's the man to identify if anyone can.

The rear stays evolved between 92, 93 and 94. Between 92 and 93 the bolted on seat stays got replaced with welded on stays. Between 93 and 94 the rack mount bosses near the top of the seat stays changed from being an external braze-on (ugly in my view) to being a threaded holes in the seat stays themselves.

94 and 95 look identical to me, but in my 95 I have noticed the head tube lug and/or the seat tube lug have little dimpleson the side. The 94 seems not to. Maybe someone with a 94 M Trax Duo Tech frame can confirm this detail?

Couple of quick questions for any Dyna Tech owners with access to their bikes (I'm planning a couple of upgrades but it's in storage 300 miles away at the moment...)

Can anyone tell me the head tube length of a 19" Dyna Tech Diablo (mine is here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=292714&start=10), or what the minimum steerer length would be with the stock stem? I've got hold of a rather lovely RC35 fork but I'd like to make sure its steerer is going to be long enough.

Also does anyone have an idea of the weight of the steel UGLI fork is? After getting the Dyna Tech down to 23lbs so far I'm also keen to know what kind of weight penalty the RC35 would come with (it's about 1520g).

Cheers! :)

Back