Raleigh Corsa

3wheeler7

rBotM Winner
Hi, seeing as there's a lack of new posts lately I thought I'd post a pic of this Raleigh Corsa I rebuilt (and sold) last year.
Full 501 butted frame and forks set, full Shimano Golden Arrow groupset.
Just luvverly!

Regards
Tony

Attachments

• CORSA.jpg
    CORSA.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,118
Re:

Hi, I was sad to let it go for £230, but I suppose it's just finding the right buyer.
It's not something I'd use myself - but it sure was pretty.

Regards
Tony.

Re:

Some more pics if you're interested, this was the all Oyster colour frame, made for one year only - then they changed to the Panasonic team colours. Paint was all original with just a few touch-ups and some new decals, plus a lot of polishing!

Attachments

• CORSA 1.jpg
    CORSA 1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 643
  • CORSA 2.jpg
    CORSA 2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 641
  • CORSA 3.jpg
    CORSA 3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 639
  • CORSA 4.jpg
    CORSA 4.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 639
  • CORSA 6.jpg
    CORSA 6.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 639
  • CORSA 7.jpg
    CORSA 7.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 644
Re:

Hi, most of my alloy polishing is done by hand using foam abrasives pads - 1/2" thick fine grit - to take out most of the fine scratches, they conform nicely to shaped parts, then polish with either Autosol or T-Cut to shine up.
On my 50s rebuilds I like to get the surface finish back to a good standard but then leave it to get a natural patina, I believe alloy components should look like alloy - not chrome.

Regards
Tony

Hi, seeing as there's a lack of new posts lately I thought I'd post a pic of this Raleigh Corsa I rebuilt (and sold) last year.
Full 501 butted frame and forks set, full Shimano Golden Arrow groupset.
Just luvverly!

Regards
Tony
Hello Tony, is this your bike today?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back