Raleigh 853

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This is absolutely s*d's law in action, as I have been looking for one of these for months, then three days after I get 'something else' with 853 tubing, this appears.

So, if anyone else is after a RSP 853, here's one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Team- ... 558wt_1398

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bagged this for the princely sum of £97... bought it on a whim as it was local, knowing I could always use the forks, XT thumbies and the wheels on some other pending builds but now I've got it home, its too nice and original to split...just needs a good service and poss new chain/block

Bit small for me (18.5"), so might have to do for the missus although she doesn't know she needs a bike yet....

Nicely done.

I was soooo tempted, but as I said, I have just bought a Yates 853 and really don't have the space for more bikes.

Did you know that Raleigh only made around thirty five of the 853 frames. You have a rare machine there.

NeilM":1ailshy3 said:
Nicely done.

I was soooo tempted, but as I said, I have just bought a Yates 853 and really don't have the space for more bikes.

Did you know that Raleigh only made around thirty five of the 853 frames. You have a rare machine there.

Cool - I knew it was rare, but not that rare! I've always had a soft spot for Raleigh Reynolds bikes (this is number four in the collection and by far the most prestigious!) - its too small for me, but had to have it anyway - think it'll be fine with a longer stem and seatpost (hopefully)

Back