Pursuit road test

ian.allen2

Retro Guru
I took my Pursuit out today for a road test.
The only thing that needed adjusting for me was the handlebars. I had placed them so the bottom of the bars were parallel to the crossbar. i have adjusted them so the top of the bars are almost parrallel to the crossbar. The gears work well but I am not too sure if htere is a little adjustment needed in first gear or if it was just me as I have not ridden a bike without indexed gears for such a long time. When the bike is on the bench, all the gears are fine with no noise or slipping. When on the test ride, I set off and dont know if the first gear was truely selected or lever was out just a tiny bit. But it is hard to adjust without a bike repair stand and nothing to hold the rear wheel up and change gears and pedal at the same time.
In all, the bike rode well and is a lot faster than my mountain bike. Wheels are at 40psi and the saddle is a little hard with a touch of softness. Not ideal for someone who wants a very comfortable ride.

a ceiling hook and some rope tied in a loop to handlebars and saddle makes a fine repair stand.
could be the limit screw if it's first gear.

emanuel":1muj93qa said:
a ceiling hook and some rope tied in a loop to handlebars and saddle makes a fine repair stand.
could be the limit screw if it's first gear.

I had thought of a hook and suspending it from the ceiling, but there is not much room in my shed. I dont have much standing room to work on a bike if it is suspended. I am thinking of getting a bench mounted stand. It will still reduce the standing room, but it will be more secure than suspending it.

I have adjusted the derailleur screws so the gears are not noisey, and I have only been out on it once, but I will go out and try it again when I have a nice day to ride it.

Back