Project No.5: Alpinestars cro-mega DX 1991

thanks!

what do u guys think bout elevated chainstay frame being more fragile than the standard frame design?

especially the cro mega dx.. i am a little worried it might failed on drops and stuff that are a little more rough..

snoozymoo":1n7vltel said:
thanks!

what do u guys think bout elevated chainstay frame being more fragile than the standard frame design?

especially the cro mega dx.. i am a little worried it might failed on drops and stuff that are a little more rough..
I really wouldn't worry one bit. I thrash mine on a regular basis and it still comes back for more. The cro-mega's are built like tanks, just ride and enjoy.

sinnett177":3od6su7d said:
snoozymoo":3od6su7d said:
thanks!

I really wouldn't worry one bit. I thrash mine on a regular basis and it still comes back for more. The cro-mega's are built like tanks, just ride and enjoy.

wow cool! its really assuring to hear that! i gues it will be a good frame to invest and work on =)

will be getting mine in a few hours times =)

heyy i just got my CRO MEGA DX!

i am using it for more of road and street purpose hence its fitted with semi slick wheels which make the ride real smooth.

I had a problem here.. the seatpost is kinda stuck to the frame.. stuck as in really stuck hard.. even lubricants and hammer can worth that thing out.. (not even rotate it) i am thinking the seatpost might be an oversized one stuck in by the previous rider..

any methods to remove the seat post without damaging the frame? thanks a lot! will get some pics of my cro meg up soon! =)

snoozymoo":2o2rjj6f said:
heyy i just got my CRO MEGA DX!

i am using it for more of road and street purpose hence its fitted with semi slick wheels which make the ride real smooth.

I had a problem here.. the seatpost is kinda stuck to the frame.. stuck as in really stuck hard.. even lubricants and hammer can worth that thing out.. (not even rotate it) i am thinking the seatpost might be an oversized one stuck in by the previous rider..

any methods to remove the seat post without damaging the frame? thanks a lot! will get some pics of my cro meg up soon! =)

Loads of ways of removing a stuck post, try doing a search on the mtb chat forum. My favourite is the hot and cold method where you wrap the seat tube in a towel and then pour boiling water over it, whilst freezing the seat post with a CO2 canister or 2. The seat tube expands at a faster rate than the seat post and thus breaks the bond between them.

thanks a lot!

i did a search in the forum but it came out a vareity of topics (sorry i am really bad at computers and related stuff), please do link me any topic or posts, mean while i will do more google searches =)

regarding the hot and cold method, may i ask if (in case) the boiling water touches the frame, will the paint job be damaged or anything? thanks =)

cro mega dx

fricking nice bike!
:D
keep as is now,bars kind of compliment purpley scoring on decals.weight would be hard to decrease without ruining the design blueprint.
nice one.

Well the time has come for this much loved bike to move on. So here are the final shots of the bike. It's spec has changed a little since it's last update, the main changes being Magura's, Deore DX seatpost and the tyres. It's mainly been my commuter bike, but has also seen action in several NW&NWA events.

2010_0125cmdx0006.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0018.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0002.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0020.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0009.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0022.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0015.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0023.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0013.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0027.jpg

2010_0125cmdx0025.jpg

Back