Project No.5: Alpinestars cro-mega DX 1991

Hi,

may i ask what stem u are running?? is that a threaded converter to run new stems?

recently my Cromega dx orginal megalite stem cracked after many years of usage, went to my LBS here and they say its a unconventional oversize?

i hope to convert to those new school 2 bolt stem while still maintaining the original cromo blade fork, what can i do?

thanks a lot!! appreciate any help and info here, really loving this bike :)

snoozymoo":wzvgrdbx said:
Hi,

may i ask what stem u are running?? is that a threaded converter to run new stems?

recently my Cromega dx orginal megalite stem cracked after many years of usage, went to my LBS here and they say its a unconventional oversize?

i hope to convert to those new school 2 bolt stem while still maintaining the original cromo blade fork, what can i do?

thanks a lot!! appreciate any help and info here, really loving this bike :)

Stems are 1 1/4 compared to the more common 1 1/8th. This one is a quill stem. Converters for quill to ahead for 1 1/8th are common and easy to get but not seen any for 1 1/4 headset.

Put a wanted ad up on here somebody might be able to help? Else there are different 1 1/4 quill stems around.

thanks guys.

so the size which i should be looking out for is 1 and 1/4?

any online shops which sells such stem? cant really get anything from forum as i am from overseas.

thanks again and appreciated!

snoozymoo":26kp5446 said:
thanks guys.

so the size which i should be looking out for is 1 and 1/4?

any online shops which sells such stem? cant really get anything from forum as i am from overseas.

thanks again and appreciated!
I have a spare 1992 alpinestars cro-mo stem in 140mm length (fits the alpinestars 28.0mm diameter bars). It could do with a lick of paint but yours for karma. PM me if you'd like it.

i use an alpinestars two piece suit, good thick leather, very comfortable once broke in a bit, feels uber solid! can't fault it! like most kit, you get what you pay for...
having said that a few years ago, i had some smx-3 boots and the stitching failed around the laces after a few months, but to be fair, they were replaced no problems for another which lasted very well! :roll: :idea:

Alpinestars clothing

Back