Project No.5: Alpinestars cro-mega DX 1991

hey everyone,

may i ask is the Alpinestars cro-mega DX really prone to cracking? as in is it a worthy investment for a communting and a once in a while mild terrian rider? thanks!

snoozymoo":1q5c3jos said:
hey everyone,

may i ask is the Alpinestars cro-mega DX really prone to cracking? as in is it a worthy investment for a communting and a once in a while mild terrian rider? thanks!

You shouldn't encounter any problems with the cro-mega, they are pretty much bomb proof. Just be careful of excessive rust. It's the al-mega's you need to be careful with.

snoozymoo":2iqyt7zf said:
any suggestions what should i check on when getting it? i am pretty new to biking brands parts and components.. thanks!
Just check for severe rust patches and that it's straight and true. Looks as though it's been 'upgraded' with v-brakes and a different chainset, so ask the current owner if he still has the old parts in case you wish to restore to original. Also check the front mech is complete as the bolt and retainer are rare.

Good luck, looks a nice one. Keep us posted.

thanks!! oh what was its orignal brakes btw?

will be getting it 2 days later will sure update and possible upgrade! thinking of getting some drop bars to go along =)

i am finally getting my alpine cro mega tmr!

It has a 20inch seattube, hope its fits me.. i am 1.81m tall..

btw anywhere which i can find the full specs of it online? i am interested in knowing what are the frame sizes it comes in..

thanks!!

i am wondering does its elevated chainstay makes it more fragile.. considering thats its almost a bike made and design 20 years ago.. i read up on some stuff online with users mentioning that because on that design it breaks easier than normal hailtails..

Back