Project LTS is go (nearly!)

syncros bits, and spins

it's what you'd have had if you were building the ultimate out of a caratti dealer catalogue in 1996...

GT experts please correct if wrong but that looks like an earlier ('95/6?) erar arm with the titanium rocker on a newer (post '97?) front triangle... a slimmer alu. alloy one was used on later variants; not that it matters unless you wnat a period correct build. Anyone built a Nico replica :cool: ?

cce":2mqirvvv said:
syncros bits, and spins

it's what you'd have had if you were building the ultimate out of a caratti dealer catalogue in 1996...

Oooh, how nice would that be! :D

Definately going to get the decals re-done, as they are a little scuffed. Hairdryer job to get rid, and then spend a bit of time deciding what colour to do them.

Just noticed that they are the same font as my RTS :cool:

Just out of interest what was regarded as the better bike? Or even what one you liked best Pickle?

kaiser":28r5tttk said:
Just out of interest what was regarded as the better bike? Or even what one you liked best Pickle?

If I remember from the adverts, they both raved about being the 'best' of their time. However, I seem to remember some saying the LTS was even better than the RTS :shock:

I have always prefered the RTS, but for looks only, I have never ridden an LTS.

Still, I'm now about to give it a go, so will pass judgment soon! :D

kaiser":3e49dkgj said:

the LTS was GT's 2nd FS design, the RTS the first. they overlapped in production a few years.
spec for spec, an LTS always cost more than an RTS..

take from that what you will.

I remember BITD I thought the LTS was FUGLY and the RTS was one of the best looking bikes around. Nowadays whilst the RTS isn't FUGLY the LTS wins hands down.

p.s. PM me if this needds translated :roll:

kaiser":3plh5l33 said:
I remember BITD I thought the LTS was FUGLY and the RTS was one of the best looking bikes around.

Thats how I've always been. But, the LTS is growing on me.

I agree with John. I would go to a full XT groupset, 96 model, the first to appear with V brakes. I think you can get it cheap...

I also think you should go the Judy way. They work a lot better than Quadra´s, there is a huge difference on smoothness, and not that much in price (for a Judy XC, for example). I would choose the Judy XC for it´s colour, price and because i´m pretty sure there was a model with that frame, that colour, a Judy XC and a complete XT groupset - The LTS-1.

I have a LTS-DH and an STS-DH, both Nico´s replicas. The bike works very well, it´s a great ride and you will like it a lot.

Cheers. ;)

Back