Project LTS is go (nearly!)

Blimey Vitor....thats cheap! Be interesting to see what it makes though.

Can you post up a pic of your LTS for me please?

:D

I have one of each. I prefer the RTS mostly because I am a gentle XC type of rider, and dont need (nor like the feel of) that much rear wheel travel. But, with the LTS, being able to easily adjust BB height, and therefore head angle, makes it very tunable to a wide range of conditions. Piece of cake to fit those 5" front forks without messing the geometery!
My LTS is a '98, dont know if the early rear shock mount has this facility though.

Can you post a pic up mate?

Done! I'll get on to that tommorrow. But be warned, I subscribe to the 'rat rod' school of retro bike presentation! Generally, as a result of lack of time & money, my bikes are usually "as found", quick wipe-off of dirt, clean & re-grease bearings, adjust or replace what's needed, then ride!

This one is a bit of a oddity, it's the tight-wad CR-MO front triangle LTS4000 model. Only ever seen alloy ones before.
Oh, and please dont be too frightened the bars, it was like that when I got it, honest! (Light blue risers with a pink cross brace????)

I prefer the racing look of the RTS , but the LTS was a better machine downhill .

I would use M952 stuff on it and some Judys .

cchris2lou":1c65md03 said:
I prefer the racing look of the RTS , but the LTS was a better machine downhill .

Agreed.

This one will be built up as an XC machine though. I prefer XC to DH, and you generally dont see XC oriantated LTS's.....in fact I haven't seen one at all :shock:

Mr. Pickle, here is a pic of the (i think, because it looks like the one in the 98 catalogue) 98 LTS 4000.
Serial No. S8FY15188

Attachments

• LTS.JPG
    LTS.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 851
Back