Pro Carbon - early 90's -Wokingham - eBAY. £25>>>

It's a British Eagle Pro Carbon, search will show they pop up from time to time and have quite a few fans...don't they Steve ;)

Grrrr, outbid already... Too much moronic, speculative bidding round these parts to be any bargains :roll:

I swear I'll never successfully buy a bike on eBay... On the rare occasions I bother, I'm up against idiots bidding on 10-20 bikes with a similar number of retractions.

lrh":1yq720zn said:
Grrrr, outbid already... Too much moronic, speculative bidding round these parts to be any bargains :roll:

I swear I'll never successfully buy a bike on eBay... On the rare occasions I bother, I'm up against idiots bidding on 10-20 bikes with a similar number of retractions.

:facepalm: Its on £77.00 with a full shimano group and mavics by the look of it..... :shock: how cheap are you....? trying to buy it for....?

I swear the amount of threads you have screamed Moronic Speculative retractor bidding on......YOU COULD ALMOST make a scene out of it Rodney..... :facepalm:

the answer my friend is man up and dig a little deeper into your pockets, then you might actually buy a bike, and you can do a thread yourself, rather than moaning on everyone elses. :LOL:

As long as everything is working and in fair to good condition then 150 ish isn't an unfair price

to say moronic speculative bidding because your too tight to go beyond 77 quid seems a bit odd :LOL:

No early bidders so I stuck a "starter for 10" on to turn off speculators and prevent acceptance of a behind-the-scenes BIN price ;) Obviously worth nearer £150 but in any other part of the country people regularly pick up badly advertised XT bikes for well under a ton.

Not that fussed, just felt like another rant on the "scene" :mrgreen: My pockets would allow a £1k bike for every day of the week if I really wanted but I like an unloved bargain I can add value to.

At least I get some amusement from watching 2 or 3 traders bidding against each other and doing each other out of a profit :facepalm:

Mate you TRY and talk a good line, i give you that.

It's me who's the top bid at the moment,I am not a trader and nor am I a idiot.

My first proper mtb was a 531 tubed britsh eagle shadow.
So I think am allowed to bid as is anyone else.

I'm not interested in old bikes (or on here) to impress others by throwing big money at popular stuff... Far too easy and predictable, I can think of more important things (and people) to spend it on. Same way I could buy a Nissan GTR but a 1993 200SX is how I roll :mrgreen:

mtbdave":3s0msfob said:
It's me who's the top bid at the moment, I am not a trader and nor am I a idiot.
That's fair enough, I wasn't referring to just this auction or your activity, although multiple bids so early is slightly odd tactics? Anyway I'm offically out and will park my idea of trying carbon on the cheap.

Back