Presta Valve Pump

This review https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/frame-pump/topeak-road-master-blaster says the reviewer did 200 strokes to get to 65psi with the road masterblaster (25mm tyre), John Stevenson on Road CC however said it was 100 strokes to get 100psi in a 23mm tyre.
Make of that what you will, but if you're going for a frame fit pump, is that number of strokes much different to what you have already? On the same review site it stated the Zefal HPX got 95psi from 200 strokes.

Out of curiosity I just tested an old style Raleigh size 3 frame fit pump took 63 strokes for 50psi in a 28mm, 80 strokes with the airtool for same.

Interesting, the road morph g I use was the best performing pump in that test even better than the revered Silca Imperio. It’s set up like a mini track pump, having a stirrup you stand on and pump vertically.

I assumed having a much larger cylinder that the frame pumps would perform much better that the compact one I use.

The main issue with pumps is getting the air into the cylinders past the cup seals. What we used to do (and I have done on my metal bodied pumps) was to drill a very small hole in the cylinder just below the point that the washer sits at maximum out stroke. You have to ensure that the hole is deburred on the inside of the cylinder otherwise it ends up doing more harm than good.

Back