PRE ANSWER MANITOU 1 INCH STEERER

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Has above with a threaded steerer of about 170mm long..

This is just the steerer tube, not the late type conected to the crown ;)

If anyone can help i will be a very happy fellow :D

I have a shorter TI one if anyone would like to swap or i will sell when i find a replacement ;)

I purchased a 1 inch Manitou steerer a while ago thinking it would press into my Manitou 2 and 3 crowns. However, it did not fit because it does not have the bulge near the bottom that the crown race fits onto. It slides right through the crown. Is this what you are looking for? The steerer in the picture with the bulge at the bottom is the standard Manitou 2 or 3 1 inch steerer.

Steerer

chasintrane":1i5i3pqe said:
I purchased a 1 inch Manitou steerer a while ago thinking it would press into my Manitou 2 and 3 crowns. However, it did not fit because it does not have the bulge near the bottom that the crown race fits onto. It slides right through the crown. Is this what you are looking for? The steerer in the picture with the bulge at the bottom is the standard Manitou 2 or 3 1 inch steerer.

Im going to need the type with a neck or bulge for the H-SET crown race to fit onto...

I just checked my TI one and a crown race will just slide allover the place if fitted :(

Think i need the type with slot at bottom for the clip..

I had a pair of TANGE sus forks and they had a press on crown adapter, could do with locating some of them ;)

Thanks for your help dude :D

Attachments

• STEERERS 003.jpg
    STEERERS 003.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 940
i would have said that the above offered steerer was the correct one and that you also need the crown race collar :?

yep

stew-b":2ks9yifk said:
i would have said that the above offered steerer was the correct one and that you also need the crown race collar :?

The last pic is actually my steerer and is correct ;)

BUT, i just nicked it off another fork to try and now i need another :roll:

Or just a slide on crown race collar :idea:

But how do go about finding one of these :?:

Yep, the steerer I have is what you want, but it's missing the crown race collar. Bummer, I imagine that alone will be hard to find.

Wanted crown race collar

IM good to go with the steerer but now need a crown race collar for the TI steerer i also got for another fork..

Pic attached shows what i mean, oh and again its for 1 ich steerer ;)

Attachments

• STEERERS 003.jpg
    STEERERS 003.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 877
  • STEERERS 001.jpg
    STEERERS 001.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 874
Back