Polishing red anodized GT Zaskar - HELP!

Storm1976

Dirt Disciple
So I just got my hands on a red GT Zaskar and the decals were in rough shape. Since I removed them, there is an outline from where the decals were. I'm not sure if I'm going to put new ones on and I'd like to polish the frame up.

I've used steel wool lightly, but without much success. Should I use that with water and give it a bit more elbow grease?

Has anyone polished an anodized frame and if so, whats the best way to do so?

nope, definitely want to keep the red, just want to shine it up and see if I eliminate being able to see where the old decals were.

Not sure you can do it.

Wire wool even XXXX grade will abrade the ano away.So don't do it.

I tried T-Cut, and that did little.I did make it look slightly shinyer. But what you have is sun faded ano.And where teh stickers were,none sun faded ano.The T-Cut is unlikely to take off the tope surface of teh faded to reveal non faded ano.I spent 30 mins or so working on one of my red/pink zaskar frames,with no real luck

The red Anno has faded leaving a tidemark around the old decals

You aint going to be able to fix it without re anodising the whole frame!

Get new decals and replace on the EXACT same location ;)

G

Re-ano'ing the frame probably won't cost as much as you think it might..... no harm in querying prices from plating shops.

Pics please? Is it by any chance a 1997 Zaskar? If so it's not red ano it's frosted red ano which means it won't shine up. You're stuck. Only the 96 red ano was ball burnished before being anodized so that it holds a true deep lusterous, shimmering shiny red color.

Attachments

• IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,316
its a '96 and I'm in the early stages of trying to figure out how to build it up.

Attachments

• PICT0118 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0118 (800x600).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,302
  • PICT0116 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0116 (800x600).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,301
Back