Plans for 2010

Lots of plans...

Quit work in March-
Spend the rest of the year backpacking 'round Europe!

Rebuild my 653 Harry Quinn- original colour and build.
Build up the new purchase Berylium(!)/Alu Pesenti.
Sell some bikes/ stuff as its all going to my folks house come March!!

Ride to work more
& of course just plain old ride more.

Good Luck to everyone with your respective plans

:D

Get married..........but shhhhhh, don't tell my girlfriend, she won't know til Christmas Day :D

MikeC":1e8kuyvt said:
Get married..........but shhhhhh, don't tell my girlfriend, she won't know til Christmas Day :D
and then get one of these :shock:

1261563427850-z8gdmog74vcb-798-75.jpg

MikeC":1hdqxnqx said:
MikeC":1hdqxnqx said:
and then get one of these :shock:

1261563427850-z8gdmog74vcb-798-75.jpg

My carbon nightmare is now complete. :shock: :shock: :shock:

My cycling goals are pretty simple. I'm good with my weight, and my riding time/distance amount. What I'd really like to do is to properly build the blue EWR with all modern parts. I'm there with brakes and drivetrain, but the glaring exception is wheels and tires. I've been digging in my heels about using modern wheelsets, and the blue EWR has made due with 217s and Deore XT 5 bolt hubs since it was new. I wonder what a 717/Chris King wheelset would be like? With modern tires even?

My friend also has a Maverick SC32 fork on his EWR and he swears by it, so I'm thinking of fitting the Rock Shox Revelation to the white single speed EWR and then goint the SC32 route on the blue EWR. I'd also like to find an early Bomber Z2, a Sakae Power Bulge Ti handlebar, a 135mm 15 deg 1.125 Salsa stem to custom paint for the Yokota Project, and of course the search for a Brodie continues...

So there it is...
- modern wheels for 2008 EWR
- SC32 for 2008 EWR
- Bomber
- SR Ti Bar
- Salsa stem
- Brodie

Hey! The list may seem long and crazy, but its better than last year when I wanted to go to Law School! :LOL: :LOL:

:shock: :shock: I want one for me and the wife :D :LOL:

Will fit SRAM X0 to more frames :cool:

No new bikes but a few details to be changed on the existing fleet to get it "just so".

Solar panels to heat our bathwater up....

A holiday.....

More riding.

1. Get fit enough to ride for 24 hours at the 2010 Bontrager 24/12, it's gonna hurt. The longest race I've ridden solo is 6 hours so I need to pull my finger out!

2. Make sure the Hei Hei fits me like a glove and everything works perfectly for the above. ;)

Hello folks, not getting on here as much as I'd like. 2010 will be a sell off for me - I want to get down to 3, maybe 2 retro rides; and my loft is full of components that aren't going to get homes. I'm loving riding my 19 and Foes at the moment and the retro bikes aren't getting a look in.

Only one new bike on the cards for 2010 I think (if you ignore my daughter's Islabike I picked up today :) ). That's modern as well and something to feed my Ti hankering (it's all Scant's fault for posting a photo of it a while back ;) ), just as long as the dollar doesn't dive too far.

Just ride - no weight fretting (lower gears and bigger pants). More off road as I'm growing weary of screaming at ******* car drivers all the time.

Less time piddling about with bikes, more miles. Simples.

Back