Plans for 2010

Erm.....in no particular order:

Change day jobs ASAP
Settle down with the other half properly
Finish the remaining four Development Bikes 853 hardtails for close friends
Launch and distribute Spooky Bikes in the UK with new website
Finish the semi-retro 'identity crisis' build off in January
Make sure the Development Racing Team's all sorted for the 2010 downhill racing season aboard Spooky's.
Drop four stones in weight, yes really!! Damn that wine!
...probably more but I can't think at the moment....too damned cold here!

Hmm, let's see......

Ride singlespeeds exclusively (except when I'm in Greece, where unfortunately I don't have one, unless I convert the Kilauea :?: ).

Get some proper fitness back and get down to around 145lbs again, instead of a lardy 152 :oops: .

Do some racing again and not get too disspirited if (or rather, when) someone 35 years younger beats me :roll: .

Improve on last year's trail building/clearing efforts. - Karen (my able assistant) and I already have some cool routes planned ;)

Get out on more group rides - not with you guys though, 'cos you never venture over to these parts :roll: .

Spend a lot more time improving my Greek than I have this year :oops:

Accept that I'm nearly 60 and just make the most of it - after all, there's bugger all I can do about it.....

That'll do me I reckon - any more than that and I just won't stick to it.

I'm getting even more 'old school' for 2010.

Building another cruiser and i have plans to take a 1950's french touring machine around the country on my old Volkswagen. I just to get a bike carrier fab'd by my mate.

More info on the touring bike find after Chrimbo.

Get fit, do my exercises, have more Massages and get my back sorted! So i can ride my single Speed on Dartmoor again. :D

MrKawasaki":3h7xotod said:
Overbury's Pioneer - rethink

Nooooooooooooooo! Its perfect as it is. Don't do anything or I'll send the boys round to liberate it!! :?

I got some projects waiting, but because I build a new garage this year (6x10 meters :D ), it just could not finish them this year! So in 2010 I want to build the Mt. Tam, the K2 Comp 91 and the Sbike 729! :p

Plan to sell either my Kona Kilauea or my modern RM Blizzard to fund a second modern road bike. Something less bling that I can use through the winter.

I'd like to commission a frame :D ...

but to do that the Lloyd will probably have to go :(

Ride SSEC with my beer and cheese :cool:

Break my SS Explosif (again) :roll:

I've ridden 4000kms with my mountain bike in 2008 and 4300kms this year; I would like to break the 5000kms mark next season with my newly acquired Ritchey P-22. I would like to do some local racing too.

Build a couple of bikes how i want them, not kinda how i want them.

2010 in a few words: Explosif, Seven, titanium, CK, Thomson, roadride, vacation, Malaysia, Germany, Stuttgart, Nurburgring, riding more, be more of a doer, 14060.

To be continued.

Back