photos from my spares boxes.....

You have very good taste!, love you bike and thanks for the link for Vanilla - I can see why they have a 5 year wait :cool:

I'm 18 months in to that 5 year wait. I really think IMO he is making the nicest custom bikes in the world right.

Really nice bike, I thought it was going to be equiped with as many Syncros parts as available though! I've always had that idea in the back of my mind ...

I have that '97 catalogue too, it's really cool. Oh and an Obed frame (99) though it is currently stashed behind a sofa. I am a sucker for rainbow stripes too, nice idea there.

Today though I wrecked the thread of the upper clamp on an old Syncros post (same part as on the bottom left of your fourth pic, but older (flat) model on which the spacing between the two bolts was greater, so cannot use the same part as on your photo - I tried as I have a few Syncros posts). You don't happen to know where to find a spare do you?!

Otherwise I will try with a nut, as the bolt is long enough to poke outside of the clamp.

Dhphat...do you know what you're getting?

beyond the bikes....the speedvagen project and th stems and the way he runs vanilla are very fascinating.

but yeah....i think he's right up there in terms of melding design and function......

sylvain...there was some stuff i didn't want.....like their rear hubs......lots of problems with those.....

the bars are the titec 118. lighter than the pro series.....

i never liked bar ends.

the rims had issues with pulling eyelets.....i've got valiants on there now.....that will soon be the DT swiss 4.1s when these parts get moved to the vanilla.

i know the part you speak of.....those are the earliest and the rarest......

there's one on ebay right now.....110232537012

Wow, straight off with a Bike Of The Month standard ride. Beautiful. I especially liked the 2X8 set up; very " Paul Lazenby. "
I think this posting will tip me over into getting rid of my soul-less Hollowtech II chainset. Cheers mate.

I know, my mates got a merlin frame but not doing anything as nice as that with it. Maybe I should take it off his hands!!?!

Back